Author Topic: About those security clearances ...  (Read 2287 times)

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: About those security clearances ...
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 09:22:42 AM »
Trump often sounds like the guy popping off down at the end of the bar; he’s transformed Brennan, who is supposed to be the consummate career intelligence official, into the guy down at the other end of the bar.

Advantage: Trump. The president always benefits from the fact that his brand depends on violating norms, whereas if his opponents are baited into violating norms in return, they diminish themselves and their cause.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 12:19:08 AM »
I love all this angst about "violating norms," from a lot of the same people who didn't mind Obama doing it. Or Hillary Clinton violating norms with her email server. And a lot of the same people who celebrated Hugh Hefner for violating norms. And celebrated homosexuals for violating norms. The people who want to violate all the "norms" of our border, and our immigration system. Other examples will occur to you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2018, 11:41:00 AM »
Flip flopping is the hot new trend, everyone is doing it.
Everything looks pretty much the same as 1998, but with Republican and Democrat partisans on the exact opposite sides from where they were 20 years ago.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.