Author Topic: Easily Predictable (and predicted) Consequences of Gay "Marriage"  (Read 9813 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/the_lefts_war_on_christian_adoption_agencies.html

Oh, look. The ACLU wants to shut down all faith based adoption agencies. (In Michigan right now, but after prior success in Massachusetts and Illinois, they'll be going after others.)

Gee, who could have ever foreseen that the gay "marriage" decision was about forcing those "haters" to bend the knee and not about "love"?

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Easily Predictable (and predicted) Consequences of Gay "Marriage"
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 08:29:48 AM »
My late wife and I adopted her natural granddaughter in 2010. We worked with a nearby branch of Catholic Charities, although I am not Roman Catholic (my late wife was). It was an international adoption, from a country that didn't recognize any American agencies, but which didn't have any adoption agencies that were recognized by the U.S. under the Hague Convention on International Adoptions. Which meant that the process took several years, and that we had to do a lot of legal stuff that normally would have been handled by the agency.

We became friendly with the adoption social worker at Catholic Charities who handled our case. The process took so long that our original Home Study expired and had to be renewed. By that time, the office we were working with had stopped handling adoptions, and they had to send us to a branch of Catholic Charities in another part of the state that was under a different diocese. Not long after, our adoption social worker was laid off (and probably her entire department, but I'm not sure about that).

Yes, Christianity is in the cross hairs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 10:09:24 AM »
You are right.

Look for Christian universities to be under fire to lose their accreditation for having sexual morality codes (Baylor already folded).

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 11:33:02 AM »
You are right.

Look for Christian universities to be under fire to lose their accreditation for having sexual morality codes (Baylor already folded).

OTOH, Marquette just lost a huge lawsuit over firing a professor for speaking up for a student who was told in another class that he wasn't able to speak up against gay marriage. Though its not going to change much at Marquette- its gone from being the premier University of our state to the laughingstock.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 11:55:25 AM »
You are right.

Baylor has problems beyond sexual morality codes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 01:00:57 PM »
Baylor has problems beyond sexual morality codes.

Si, Baylor tiene muchos problemas.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 01:17:17 PM »
OTOH, Marquette just lost a huge lawsuit over firing a professor for speaking up for a student who was told in another class that he wasn't able to speak up against gay marriage. Though its not going to change much at Marquette- its gone from being the premier University of our state to the laughingstock.

Marquette really stepped on its own crank in this one.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/31/10-crazy-things-inside-professors-lawsuit-marquette-university-firing-defending-free-speech/

And Marquette is supposed to be a Catholic university. I guess that doesn't man much of anything these days.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 02:51:33 PM »
Is that really a "consequence" of gay marriage?  Or just another battle in the long war against Christianity? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »
Is that really a "consequence" of gay marriage?  Or just another battle in the long war against Christianity? 

I see the two issues as being more or less joined at the hip.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 09:39:05 PM »

In the greater Seattle area, there are considerable numbers of Christians and clergy of all faiths who are in support of gay marriage, and therefore reject the original premise of this thread.  Your locale may vary.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 11:03:50 PM »
In the greater Seattle area, there are considerable numbers of Christians and clergy of all faiths who are in support of gay marriage, and therefore reject the original premise of this thread.  Your locale may vary.

Around these h'yar parts, it seems that Unitarian-Universalists, United Church of Christ, and the Episcopal Church USA are on board with same sex marriage. Roman Catholic; Greek, Russian, and other Orthodox; Anglican; Baptist; Morman; and Evangelical churches are against it. I'm not sure where the Methodists, Presbyterians, and Lutherans fall.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 11:24:33 PM »
It appears that none other than the U.S. Attorney General agrees that the deck is being stacked against people of faith:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sessions-us-culture-less-hospitable-people-faith-222143545--politics.html

"Let's be frank: A dangerous movement, undetected by many but real, is now challenging and eroding our great tradition of religious freedom. There can be no doubt. It's no little matter. It must be confronted intellectually and politically and defeated," Sessions said. "This election, this past election, and much that has flowed from it, gives us a rare opportunity to arrest these trends and to confront them.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 12:22:55 AM »
Is that really a "consequence" of gay marriage?  Or just another battle in the long war against Christianity?  
In the greater Seattle area, there are considerable numbers of Christians and clergy of all faiths who are in support of gay marriage, and therefore reject the original premise of this thread.  Your locale may vary.

The Christian scriptures, Old and New Testament, warn of false teachings, false prophets, and falling away from the faith. Being a member, or even a leader, of a church or religious group doesn't mean that one is not attacking the faith. Or if you don't want to go that far, it's entirely possible that the Christians you speak of just can't (or won't) see that the faith is under attack.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:35:56 AM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 02:01:28 AM »

And they're also probably preaching plenty of other heresies too.  I quickly learned to be careful about which church to attempt attending.  Much false doctrine in open display.

Note: being homosexual is a sin.  But not more damnable than many others.  Gays are is the same need of Christ's love as the rest of us.  But that doesn't mean we need to participate in their sinful choices.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 07:50:34 AM »
And they're also probably preaching plenty of other heresies too.  I quickly learned to be careful about which church to attempt attending.  Much false doctrine in open display.

Several years ago I stumbled across a website that was an official outlet for the Episcopal Church USA. I don't recall if it was a site run by the central hierarchy or if it was a site hosted by a single church/parish, but my recollection is that it was higher up than a single church. The article I read was on the subject of homosexuality, and I was astonished by the level of intellectual contortions the author went through to try to justify his claims that the Bible doesn't say what the Bible says about it's being sinful for man to lie with man as with woman. (Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13).

Yes, I'd say the author was pretty much preaching a heresy. Except that for the Episcopal Church USA the heresy has become the orthodoxy, and orthodoxy has become a heresy.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 08:38:42 AM »
In the greater Seattle area, there are considerable numbers of Christians and clergy of all faiths who are in support of gay marriage, and therefore reject the original premise of this thread.  Your locale may vary.

The Christian scriptures, Old and New Testament, warn of false teachings, false prophets, and falling away from the faith. Being a member, or even a leader, of a church or religious group doesn't mean that one is not attacking the faith. Or if you don't want to go that far, it's entirely possible that the Christians you speak of just can't (or won't) see that the faith is under attack.

This is true. Ye shall know them by their support for low taxes, gun rights, and opposition to welfare for the poor.  Anything else is just window dressing.  A real Christian respects the importance of markets, interest on capital, and the right of the poor to choose to die starving and without healthcare.

Not sure why we bother asking about gay marriage when there are so many more obvious tests.    =(
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 09:26:58 AM »
This is true. Ye shall know them by their support for low taxes, gun rights, and opposition to welfare for the poor.  Anything else is just window dressing.  A real Christian respects the importance of markets, interest on capital, and the right of the poor to choose to die starving and without healthcare.

Not sure why we bother asking about gay marriage when there are so many more obvious tests.    =(

SO you're saying that supporting lower taxation is Christian heresy? That would mean that your view must be that the orthodox interpretation of "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's, render unto the Lord that which is the Lord's" must be that, since all money is printed or minted by the government (Caesar), Jesus was really telling us to give it all back the the government (Caesar).

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 11:27:39 AM »
Around these h'yar parts, it seems that Unitarian-Universalists, United Church of Christ, and the Episcopal Church USA are on board with same sex marriage. Roman Catholic; Greek, Russian, and other Orthodox; Anglican; Baptist; Morman; and Evangelical churches are against it. I'm not sure where the Methodists, Presbyterians, and Lutherans fall.

Same here, except Methodists, presbyterians and ELCA tend to support it.

Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »
Same here, except Methodists, presbyterians and ELCA tend to support it.

Most of the 'larger' Protestant churches here do on an individual basis, even if the denomination has a policy statement against it.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2018, 01:04:22 PM »
 :laugh:

Barack Obama

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2018, 01:55:57 PM »
Most of the 'larger' Protestant churches here do on an individual basis, even if the denomination has a policy statement against it.

Err... larger?

The Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches assembles various data on churches and denominations across North America. I recently gleaned the top 15 denominations by membership in the United States from their reports:

1. Southern Baptist Convention: 16.2 million members
2. The United Methodist Church: 7.8 million members
3. The Church of God in Christ: 5.5 million members
4. National Baptist Convention: 5.0 million members
5. Evangelical Lutheran Church, U.S.A.: 4.5 million members
6. National Baptist Convention of America: 3.5 million members
7. Assemblies of God: 2.9 million members
8. Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.): 2.8 million members
9. African Methodist Episcopal Church: 2.5 million members
10. National Missionary Baptist Convention of America: 2.5 million members
11. The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS): 2.3 million members
12. The Episcopal Church: 2.0 million members
13. Churches of Christ: 1.6 million members
14. Pentecostal Assemblies of the World: 1.5 million members
15. The African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church: 1.4 million members

Of the top 15, it looks like 4 are that way.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2018, 02:02:51 PM »

Does it also bother you that not enough churches pay attention to the heterosexist parts of the bible, or is it just the feeding-the-poor stuff you like to harp on?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 02:14:24 PM »

While I'm particularly annoyed by "Christians" who preach cheap compassion that doesn't cost the "compassionate" anything, but makes someone else bear the costs of the "compassion," Christians can generally disagree on those items, as the scriptures are silent on all those items.

The gay marriage issue is one that is a pretty clear signal of the ones opinion of scripture, though. One has to ignore a lot of scripture to support it.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 02:20:19 PM »
While I'm particularly annoyed by "Christians" who preach cheap compassion that doesn't cost the "compassionate" anything, but makes someone else bear the costs of the "compassion," Christians can generally disagree on those items, as the scriptures are silent on all those items.

The gay marriage issue is one that is a pretty clear signal of the ones opinion of scripture, though. One has to ignore a lot of scripture to support it.

I just want to know which Christian ideas Lefties want me to impose on others, and which I'm supposed to keep to myself.

Oh, and which ones am I supposed to utterly contradict?