Author Topic: What's Worse? 3D Printed Guns or 3D Printed Straws?  (Read 4629 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: What's Worse? 3D Printed Guns or 3D Printed Straws?
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 01:13:44 PM »
Somebody please show her internet links to blueprints and do-it-yourself plans for making Sten submachineguns... I want spontaneous human combustion to happen.
Or all 20 (currently) volumes of Practical Scrap Metal Small Arms. And P.A Luty's book.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 04:34:47 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 04:54:23 PM »
Putting the "Expedient Homemade Firearms" files there as well
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2018, 04:58:19 PM »
Hey, thanks for those links Herohog.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2018, 05:07:55 PM »
Awesome! That Stingray looks so nice.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2018, 05:38:41 PM »
While his account is still active, check out Clinton Westwood on YouTube. He built the pistol from the first book, and later went on to begin building the Mk 3 pistol from book 15.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2018, 06:22:35 PM »
Uhg.

CNN started this thing a while ago where everything on their front page is labeled "Analysis" which lets them have op-ed columns and opinion pieces shuffled in with actual news without using the obvious words people associate with pushing hot air.

I know real news is dead but I wonder if it ever existed.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2018, 07:16:35 PM »
And temporarily blocked by a federal judge, who did so out of ignorance or mixing up the First and Second Amendments or something. Of course they already had half a dozen or so files on their site for the last week or so, which means they've been distributed another million times to another million servers. Can't stop the signal, Mal.  =D

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/31/federal-judge-blocks-release-3d-printed-gun-plans-for-time-being.html

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2018, 07:29:09 PM »
And temporarily blocked by a federal judge, who did so out of ignorance or mixing up the First and Second Amendments or something. Of course they already had half a dozen or so files on their site for the last week or so, which means they've been distributed another million times to another million servers. Can't stop the signal, Mal.  =D

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/31/federal-judge-blocks-release-3d-printed-gun-plans-for-time-being.html

Fox News ran an  ALERT! on this court block,  with a shot of Charlie Schumer whining how it was all an evil plot cooked up by President Trump.  I think Schumer is clinically .....  OK,   I won't say nasty things about him here.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2018, 09:36:53 PM »
According to some idiot being interviewed by NBC, terrorists can use these plans to make guns.

Well, sure. OR they could use the money they have to BUY already-made guns.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2018, 10:50:26 PM »
According to some idiot being interviewed by NBC, terrorists can use these plans to make guns.

Well, sure. OR they could use the money they have to BUY already-made guns.

If they go to Mexico and pretend to be drug cartels the BATF might give them guns ......  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2018, 10:57:09 AM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/08/01/unbelievable-did-cnn-think-they-could-get-away-with-this-apple-banana-ing-of-dana-loesch/

Has anyone else noticed some of these people are either through ignorance or malice trying to sell this as Star Trek replicator technology? "OMG! They can press a button and a chainsaw AR15 materializes in their living room!"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2018, 12:49:01 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2018, 01:36:23 AM »
No straw bans here (yet), but I have a straw report. My car is basically fueled by diet cola. Unfortunately, McDonald's discontinued caffeine-free Diet Coke awhile back, so if I go to Mickey D's I have to settle for a substitute (I'm not allowed ANY caffeine, and the consequences of ignoring that are serious). Burger King, however, does still offer caffeine-free Diet Coke.

I often arrive at home base with a large drink cup (with lid and straw) in the center console. The cups have a number of uses, so I stockpile a number of those, and I started keeping the straws in a cup next to the kitchen sink for use when pouring a cola at home. What I discovered is that the McDonald's straws, which are white with colored stripes, hold up seemingly indefinitely. The Burger King straws, which are red, don't seem to like UV radiation. Ad=fter a very short time, they get so brittle that they break just from picking them up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2018, 09:19:36 AM »
That's not as far from the truth as you might think:  https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/Counterfeit-reusable-straws-are-now-a-thing-13124933.php

I'm kinda thinking that if you're selling a stinking drinking straw for $20, it's inevitable that someone else will come out with a cheaper alternative. For $20, I can buy 1000 plastic straws on Amazon, which would be a more than lifetime supply for me, even if I used more than the two or so straws a month I currently use.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2018, 11:46:21 AM »
I don't even understand the straw thing. I'm guessing it's just the latest made-up media thing but I guess it got legs? Put the straws in a landfill, who cares? Lol.

Wait, it's all the people on the coast (who vote Democrat) who are littering on the beach....so, in typical fashion, they want to ban straws in land-locked areas so that sea-turtles don't choke on them? Riiight.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2018, 02:06:26 PM »
I don't even understand the straw thing. I'm guessing it's just the latest made-up media thing but I guess it got legs? Put the straws in a landfill, who cares? Lol.

Wait, it's all the people on the coast (who vote Democrat) who are littering on the beach....so, in typical fashion, they want to ban straws in land-locked areas so that sea-turtles don't choke on them? Riiight.

I think it started with some 9 year old's science project, where she estimated that Americans used '500 million straws per day' and the left jumped on this, not because its factual, but because its cute, and a feel-good cause with little risk or capital cost to press.

I think this is ripe for trolling.
"Americans use 1/2 billion feminine hygeine products per day, which causes deforestation and oceans to become contaminated with biohazard waste"- watch left coast cities ban feminine hygeine products and people come up with alternatives just to virtue signal.

"Americans use 300 billion condoms a year, and sea turtles get their heads stuck in them" (cue up photo of dead sea turtle with condom on its head)....

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2018, 02:31:02 PM »

"Americans use 300 billion condoms a year, and sea turtles get their heads stuck in them" (cue up photo of dead sea turtle with condom on its head)....

Not anymore, we recycle those now.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2018, 02:42:17 PM »
So, some idiot federal judge has stopped Defense Distributed from allowing their files to be downloaded.  Does that same court order apply to all other companies and individuals?  If not, who has a link to a legitimate site for downloads?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2018, 03:30:55 PM »
CodeIsFreeSpeech.com works at the moment. That is the same people Amazon took down I think, they just switched servers. Can keep doing that forever.  [popcorn]

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2018, 04:29:50 PM »
So, some idiot federal judge has stopped Defense Distributed from allowing their files to be downloaded.  Does that same court order apply to all other companies and individuals?  If not, who has a link to a legitimate site for downloads?

The Pirate Bay has all the files.  Update virus protection though.

Note to mods:  Pretty sure this doesn't cross the "we don't talk about pirating/illegal stuff" rule, because Defense Distributed is not claiming copyright or trying to restrict the files, and ITAR covers distributing the info.  Downloading it inside the US should be legal.  Let me know if you guys disagree.