Author Topic: The New Magnum PI  (Read 5120 times)

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: The New Magnum PI
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 10:24:19 AM »
I loved that last freeze frame in "DID YOU SEE THE SUNRISE?" It was quite a poignant episode. 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2018, 10:29:45 AM »
Yep, really was the crown on an incredible 2-part episode.

And let's not forget the tribute to the episode that made its way into Archer season 2, episode 9, Placebo Effect.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2018, 06:03:41 PM »
The first episode of this Magnum version was titled "I Saw the Sun Rise."  When I saw that, I went back to watch the 2 parter.  Loved it then. Love it still.  Makes me want to buy a stock Government 1911 and practice one hand shots.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2018, 06:20:00 PM »
Yup, that was a great episode. I also really liked the one where they went back to Vietnam.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2018, 06:47:52 AM »
Maybe we should start a "Best Of" thread listing some of our favorite episodes of TV shows.  Another favorite Magnum episode is the one with Frank Sinatra as the old cop avenging his grandchild.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2018, 07:33:34 PM »
I've watched two episodes now and the best I can come up with is, "meh."  It is paint-by-numbers, mindless TV.  I'm OK with that, just have to be in the mood for it.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
I'm still powering through the originals. I forgot how funny the Luther Gillis episodes were. They really should have created a spinoff there.  :laugh:

Just for kicks I checked the IMDB reviews on the reboot, and it is getting thrashed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2018, 07:53:04 PM »
Caution: Thread swerve:

NCIS had pretty much hit the "meh" plateau for me lately but last night's episode was really good.

I've always liked Fred Dryer and getting him and Charles Robinson together in the same show was great even though they only had one scene together.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2018, 11:31:44 PM »
Caution: Thread swerve:

NCIS had pretty much hit the "meh" plateau for me lately but last night's episode was really good.

I've always liked Fred Dryer and getting him and Charles Robinson together in the same show was great even though they only had one scene together.

:facepalm:  I KNEW he looked familiar, somehow!   It was Rick Hunter!  .  ......   "It works for me."   
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2018, 11:53:30 PM »
I watched a lot of Hunter. It was a good, fun show. Not high art by any means but as a police procedural in an action-adventure universe it was top-of-the-line.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.