Author Topic: Gun Policy Catches up with Dick's  (Read 627 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Gun Policy Catches up with Dick's
« on: August 29, 2018, 04:22:21 PM »
I was somewhat disappointment when I saw Dick's numbers go up immediately after their new gun policy announcement. It just took a while to kick in though. By their own admission, their new policy on "hunting" as they call it, dragged their numbers down more than double the analysts' estimates.

Which is what should happen when you kick your regular customers in the teeth to please a small, loud group that doesn't shop in your store anyway.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/08/29/shocker-dan-bongino-points-out-what-happened-after-dicks-sporting-goods-went-to-war-with-the-2nd-amendment/

Immediate thread tangent: In similar news, I saw the David Hogg et al (isn't he like an hour past his 15 minutes by now?) are DEMANDING that Smith and Wesson give $5 million to anti-gun causes. I'm not sure what their stick is to make S&W do that, since it would only create like a 90% drop in sales.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Gun Policy Catches up with Dick's
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 04:26:21 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Gun Policy Catches up with Dick's
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »

Immediate thread tangent: In similar news, I saw the David Hogg et al (isn't he like an hour past his 15 minutes by now?) are DEMANDING that Smith and Wesson give $5 million to anti-gun causes. I'm not sure what their stick is to make S&W do that, since it would only create like a 90% drop in sales.

I'm guessing Hogg was in utero the last time Smith & Wesson (or its ownership) threw a bone to the gun control nuts.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife