Author Topic: The shoe doesn't fit the other foot  (Read 807 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
The shoe doesn't fit the other foot
« on: October 21, 2018, 04:33:26 AM »
https://nypost.com/2018/10/20/nancy-pelosi-cursed-out-by-protesters-in-florida/

When it's Nancy Pelosi getting heckled and booed, suddenly Pelosi's handlers are against "incivility, intolerance and aggression." It's peculiar that they haven't said anything when Republicans have been hounded out of restaurants ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: The shoe doesn't fit the other foot
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 07:54:08 AM »
In the old days every Republican rino and “*let's not go there*” would be out there self flagellating, denouncing and apologizing saying “this is not who we are”.

Slowly the right is waking up.

I’d never engage in such behavior and I know nothing of the proud boys other than what we get through our disinformation industry but I have to admit my first response was “good! about time”
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 08:07:59 AM »
Is it really name calling if it’s an accurate label?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 09:05:14 AM »
While part of me enjoys watching these people get a taste of their own medicine, or the medicine they encouraged their followers to dish out, I'm not sure how I feel about this particular incident. Or more precisely, the crowd that engaged in it. This seemed, at least in optics, much more "violent" than most of the incidents I've seen involving progs and conservative politicians.

Those have mostly been extremely rude and childish. I would almost have preferred to see an incident like this play out with a prog crowd acting violent against a conservative. Because to me, the video makes the crowd (and the political side they are associated with) look dangerously violent. It's not a look I want to see associated with "our side".

I'd much rather see things like the backbone Lyndsey Graham grew, or what happened to Mitch McConnell this weekend, where normal people had had enough and told the nuts to get lost and leave him alone. I prefer to see "our side" stand up against this stuff, including to the point of physically defending themselves, than to see us engage in it and create psychotic crowds as the one in the video. One of the first things  I thought of watching the video is the analog of how duster boy and those like him make gun owners look.

JMHO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 09:20:49 AM »
Good luck reigning in the more zealous elements of the right.

They’re not interested in a civil society run by leftists any more than the leftists are interested in a civil society run by the right.

Still waiting for the Democrats and law enforcement to reign in Antifa.

For now, no enemies on the right is my position.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 09:25:30 AM »

Perhaps I should lump antifa in with what I call the "crybaby" protestors, but to me, they are a whole different animal. They should be considered terrorists and handled appropriately.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »
While part of me enjoys watching these people get a taste of their own medicine, or the medicine they encouraged their followers to dish out, I'm not sure how I feel about this particular incident. Or more precisely, the crowd that engaged in it. This seemed, at least in optics, much more "violent" than most of the incidents I've seen involving progs and conservative politicians.

Those have mostly been extremely rude and childish. I would almost have preferred to see an incident like this play out with a prog crowd acting violent against a conservative. Because to me, the video makes the crowd (and the political side they are associated with) look dangerously violent. It's not a look I want to see associated with "our side".

I'd much rather see things like the backbone Lyndsey Graham grew, or what happened to Mitch McConnell this weekend, where normal people had had enough and told the nuts to get lost and leave him alone. I prefer to see "our side" stand up against this stuff, including to the point of physically defending themselves, than to see us engage in it and create psychotic crowds as the one in the video. One of the first things  I thought of watching the video is the analog of how duster boy and those like him make gun owners look.

JMHO.

On one hand I agree.that seeing this come from the (alleged) "right" can be too easily spun and blasted all over MSM while similar attacks on conservatives/republicans likely gets zero airtime from the left leaning news outlets.
On the other hand I do like seeing a disgusting piece of excrement get a little karmic belt in the gob.

On the other other hand, the fresh huevos and spine grown by the mentioned  will likely whither away to their previous condition as soon as the midterms are over.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 10:03:42 AM »
Good luck reigning in the more zealous elements of the right.

They’re not interested in a civil society run by leftists any more than the leftists are interested in a civil society run by the right.

For now, no enemies on the right is my position.

Agreed.

I'd donate to The Proud Boys legal defense fund,  but would never join them in an open street fight.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 02:15:56 PM »
Pelosi was with Shalala in a Cuban neighborhood in Miami trying to drum up Democrat votes for Shalala.  I'd say they were lucky to get out of there with their lives.  Cubans in Miami don't have much truck with a couple of communists.

Some dumb ass college student thought it was a good idea to put on his Che T-shirt in Miami and ran up against an 84 year old, 4'8" Cuban lady who beat the snot out of him with an aluminum cane while she yelled "Che murdered my brothers."  ( Che asesinó a mis hermanos)
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 07:33:45 PM »
Pelosi was with Shalala in a Cuban neighborhood in Miami trying to drum up Democrat votes for Shalala.  I'd say they were lucky to get out of there with their lives.  Cubans in Miami don't have much truck with a couple of communists.

Some dumb ass college student thought it was a good idea to put on his Che T-shirt in Miami and ran up against an 84 year old, 4'8" Cuban lady who beat the snot out of him with an aluminum cane while she yelled "Che murdered my brothers."  ( Che asesinó a mis hermanos)

I would have gladly paid admission to see that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 07:52:26 PM »

Was this recently and is there video of it?  [popcorn]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Chester32141

• friend
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
The shoe doesn't fit the other foot
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 09:09:44 PM »
Hey www.mobsrus.com is available.

False flag operation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk