Author Topic: Biased Business Reporting  (Read 534 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Biased Business Reporting
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:38:55 AM »
I mentioned somewhere around here that one of the reasons I like Fox Business (separate from Fox News) is because they seem to stay somewhat unbiased (at least for the MSM) when reporting on business and the economy, regardless of who is in charge. While they made plenty of digs at Obama, when something good happened during that era, they reported it as such - separating politics from business and making money.

On the other hand, places like CNBC and Bloomberg always seem to put biased politics first, business second. This is a great example:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/15/trump-duped-saudis-into-tanking-oil-prices-analysts-say.html

Trump "duped and bamboozled" (and a bunch of other negative terms in the article) the Saudis into getting us lower oil prices. Had Obama done this, it would have been a brilliant strategy by an economic expert. Trump does it (though I think there are other factors as well) and it's because he's a snake oil salesman.  ;/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
Re: Biased Business Reporting
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »
Those poor Saudis....  :'(  Trump is such a monster!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Biased Business Reporting
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 03:40:24 PM »
Wonderful.  Usually we're on the receiving end of the duping and bamboozling ...

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden