Author Topic: Chiptole Fires, Maybe Rehires  (Read 945 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Chiptole Fires, Maybe Rehires
« on: November 18, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
So Chiptole fired a manager who refused to serve a group of young black men without seeing their money first. One of them Tweeted about the racism, so Chiptole immediately fired the manager. Now it turns out the group of "well-established young African Americans" spends their time going around ordering food and skipping out on the bill.

If I had a sideline of scamming restaurants, I probably wouldn't tweet a complaint the one time I was caught. Nor would I tweet about my schemes for the world to see.

Chiptole now says they will investigate and "possibly retrain and rehire the manager." Why would you need to retrain her? She obviously did her job correctly the first time.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/11/18/chipotle-evaluating-new-evidence-after-firing-manager-over-viral-video-alleging-racism/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Chiptole Fires, Maybe Rehires
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 08:10:00 PM »
Why would anyone be willing to continue to work for someone after being treated like that?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 08:12:42 PM »
Chipotle.

Rehire the manager if she wants to work there.  Then she can quit and get a better job.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 08:23:18 PM »
Why would you need to retrain her? She obviously did her job correctly the first time.

To be able to better phrase that she believes them to be a bunch of scammers without referring to their skin color.  So Chiptole doesn't get beat up in the news, public media, or potentially employing a racist.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 08:34:44 PM »
She should be suing Chipotle for wrongful termination. By their own admission, they fired her as a knee-jerk reaction without bothering to learn all the facts.

Isn't Chipotle the chain that had all the incidents of food poisoning a year or two ago? Why would anyone want to eat there?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 09:53:40 PM »
This should be a lesson to them and other restaurants not to take such actions so quickly without looking at all the facts.  The customer is not always right.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 10:25:03 PM »
To be able to better phrase that she believes them to be a bunch of scammers without referring to their skin color.  So Chiptole doesn't get beat up in the news, public media, or potentially employing a racist.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see reference to skin color in the video other than the customers referring to themselves with the old N word. She just said they never have money when they come in, as they skipped out on paying in that same restaurant multiple times before.

Edit: Anyway, updated story - they were just "borrowing food" so it's all good.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chipotle-fires-manager-who-refused-to-serve-black-customers-but-restaurant-admits-they-might-have-failed-to-pay-for-meals-before
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 10:32:56 PM »
This should be a lesson to them and other restaurants not to take such actions so quickly without looking at all the facts.  The customer is not always right.

Also, allegations of white-on-black racism should be viewed with heavy skepticism. Far too many false accusations lately.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 10:37:22 PM »
Also, allegations of white-on-black racism should be viewed with heavy skepticism. Far too many false accusations lately.

This is a really good example of that. The only people making reference to race are mostly the left and right media and the thieves themselves. The manager made her call based on past behavior.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 02:23:56 AM »
Ben, OP:

Now it turns out the group of "well-established young African Americans" spends their time going around ordering food and skipping out on the bill.

Ben, Reply #8:

The manager made her call based on past behavior.

See, now that's the difference between prejudice and postjudice.

The management? I'm not sure I can blame them for a hair-trigger response considering how fast destructive mindless mobs can be formed over any little perceived slight nowadays.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 04:44:33 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2018, 07:35:19 AM »
"Our actions were based on the facts known to us immediately after the incident. "

So, in other words, Chipotle reacted WITHOUT having all of the pertinent facts.

It just assumed RACISM!

Maybe the manager should react and sue the chain for wrongful termination.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2018, 09:16:29 AM »

The management? I'm not sure I can blame them for a hair-trigger response considering how fast destructive mindless mobs can be formed over any little perceived slight nowadays.

Terry, 230RN

That's a big problem and IMO, certainly why we read so many of these stories where big business reacts in this way. I'm kinda hoping the "Kavanaugh effect" begins to kick in to the point at which either the business steps back to make sure they have the facts, or at least steps back because the backlash from people sick of this stuff is at least as worrisome to them as the SJW backlash. I would prefer the former, but if fighting fire with fire works...

This "guilty until proven innocent" stuff has to stop before it gets dangerous.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 09:39:11 AM »
"Our actions were based on the facts known to us immediately after the incident. "

So, in other words, Chipotle reacted WITHOUT having all of the pertinent facts.

It just assumed RACISM!

Maybe the manager should react and sue the chain for wrongful termination.

I certainly hope she does, and gets several million. Companies are throwing good employees under the bus for a momentary "publicity" boost.

I really hoped that the Starbucks manager in Philly would have done so too.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 09:41:21 AM »
If the business wants to have a quick response, all they have to do is say they are investigating.  Honestly, if the Outrage Mob is going to attack them, they will do so regardless of their actions.  

Have any of you seen hard data on what the reaction is of the actual customer base of these companies?  I just wonder how much these online controversies reflect actual customer opinion.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 10:24:15 AM »
really says something about Chipolte management.  Of course their 'leadership' has been battered lately over other issues as well.  Sad that one's employment now hinges on how many Face Book or Twitter likes a person gets.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 10:32:38 AM »
If the business wants to have a quick response, all they have to do is say they are investigating.

That's a nice reasonable response for nice reasonable people.  But as we have seen too, too many times in the past (and with the Kavanaugh issue), too many people are not reasonable.  They just follow the bullhorn.

"Investigating" just ain't gonna cut it.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.