Author Topic: But pot is natural and organic!  (Read 859 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
But pot is natural and organic!
« on: November 21, 2018, 10:12:14 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: But pot is natural and organic!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/marijuana/something-wasnt-clicking-wsu-study-shows-offspring-of-pregnant-rats-exposed-to-thc-have-impaired-development/

It will be interesting to see how the large-scale uncontrolled experiment on the human population goes.

There are a lot of those experiments going on right now.

Many will be beneficial, many will fall away as ineffectual and others will have downsides we will be able to overcome despite our foolishness.

But the more of these uncontrolled experiments we perform the greater likelihood of a catastrophic black swan event occurring.

Reminds me of that quote that floated around during the Iraq invasion about unknown unknowns ie unintended consequences.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »
 ;/
Alcohol is legal.  So are cigarettes.  Both are also harmful to fetuses.  Your post proves nothing.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 10:39:31 AM »
We can't allow these uncontrolled experiments.  We can only allow uncontrolled experiments with more potent prescription drugs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »
We can't allow these uncontrolled experiments.  We can only allow uncontrolled experiments with more potent prescription drugs. 

Millcreek doesn’t like competition...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »
But, but, but from reading various posts on FB, I was told that pot cures cancer, baldness, genital itching, and the heartbreak of psoriasis.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 10:48:20 AM »
Millcreek doesn’t like competition...

What I don't like is caring for children with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or who have to detox since they are born with opiates on board.  So if something is proven harmful to the fetus/mother during pregnancy, it would be swell if that something is not used.  So it will be interesting to see if marijuana is proved to be in the same category as alcohol, opiates or other substances that should not be used during pregnancy.  If you are not pregnant or further research does not show that marijuana is harmful during pregnancy, than by all means vape away.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 10:57:15 AM »
;/
Alcohol is legal.  So are cigarettes.  Both are also harmful to fetuses.  Your post proves nothing.

So far as we can tell pot is a lot like both of those.

The most poisonous effects are based on frequency of use and dosage.

The odd thing is, with so many things, is that the burden of proof seems to fall on those who say we shouldn’t do this, that, or the other because it’s bad for you/us.

Why isn’t the burden of proof reversed? Proving that using something isn’t harmful is a much safer course of action than making the skeptics or critics prove the unknown unknowns, that it is potentially harmful.

We are a risk taking species for sure. As long as we aren’t all forced to take the same risks I guess it is ok and beneficial for us as a species.

That’s why I’m ok with the non gmo movement or the more natural or organic movements. Not because I agree necessarily but it does take some folks out of the risk pool if things go sideways.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »
What I don't like is caring for children with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome or who have to detox since they are born with opiates on board.  So if something is proven harmful to the fetus/mother during pregnancy, it would be swell if that something is not used.  So it will be interesting to see if marijuana is proved to be in the same category as alcohol, opiates or other substances that should not be used during pregnancy.  If you are not pregnant or further research does not show that marijuana is harmful during pregnancy, than by all means vape away.
Expecting irresponsible people to be responsible doesn't work very well, but it would be nice if it that didn't happen.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »

But the more of these uncontrolled experiments we perform the greater likelihood of a catastrophic black swan event occurring.

Nah, if the results of scientific experiments don't agree with standards of political correctness, the results will be socially discredited and discarded- at our own peril.
See also 'Behavioral sink.'
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama