Author Topic: Jesus Chicken...again  (Read 769 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Jesus Chicken...again
« on: November 25, 2018, 01:32:40 PM »
It just goes to show that leftists love democracy....until it gives the wrong results.  Then the "will of the people" is wrong and must not be allowed.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/22/rider-university-rejects-chick-fil-a-as-students-t/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Jesus Chicken...again
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 01:35:18 PM »
The intolerance of the self described tolerant.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »
Rich person needs to open one right next to campus and then give out free chicken at any and all protests or student events.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 06:12:00 PM »
Isaiah chapter 5 around the 18th verse through 24th talks about Jerusalem at the time.  But it is interesting in the context of today as we seem to be living in a mirror image of that scripture.   
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
Rich person needs to open one right next to campus and then give out free chicken at any and all protests or student events.

I don't think it has to be a rich person. My understanding is that if a potential franchisee meets Chick-fil-A's criteria, they put up a lot of the start-up funding and the franchisee only has to put up a fairly nominal amount as seed money.

I wish there were one closer to me. The only one even nominally within range is about 40 minutes away. It's not all that far as the crow flies -- but there aren't any roads under that flight path.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 07:44:40 PM »
I wonder if Ben and Jerry's corporate values would be "suitable."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

griz

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »
Chick-fil-A’s “corporate values have not sufficiently progressed enough to align with those of Rider,” the university told students

Nothing show open mindednessamd tolerance like saying "what we believe is right and anybody who thinks otherwise doesn't deserve to be in our presence".
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 10:56:11 PM »
I wonder if Ben and Jerry's corporate values would be "suitable."

Ask Unilever, they own B&J's 100% since 2000.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 12:42:49 AM »
I don't think it has to be a rich person. My understanding is that if a potential franchisee meets Chick-fil-A's criteria, they put up a lot of the start-up funding and the franchisee only has to put up a fairly nominal amount as seed money.

I wish there were one closer to me. The only one even nominally within range is about 40 minutes away. It's not all that far as the crow flies -- but there aren't any roads under that flight path.

Well rich, because I don't want to be profitable, I just want to give away free food until it corrupts the other people. You wanna see progressive principles crumble? Keep handing drunk broke freshman free sandwiches.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 01:58:16 AM »
Well rich, because I don't want to be profitable, I just want to give away free food until it corrupts the other people. You wanna see progressive principles crumble? Keep handing drunk broke freshman free sandwiches.

They also have problems with Jesus Chicken because they demonstrate how government control isn't really necessary.  Part of the reason they're so popular is that the founder hasn't joined the rat race to the bottom,employee wise.

Apparently paying well above industry standard allows them to snipe the best workers, and being closed on Sundays helps with getting management in, because they at least know they'll have sunday off.*  Customers, at least to an extent, might shuffle their fast food choices around rather than visiting the store less.

If you are the only place open on Sunday, it is a substantial advantage to you.  If everybody but you is open, it might not be that big of a deal.

*Well, probably most of the time, they might schedule needed maintenance that day sometimes.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 08:36:14 PM »
Isaiah chapter 5 around the 18th verse through 24th talks about Jerusalem at the time.  But it is interesting in the context of today as we seem to be living in a mirror image of that scripture.   

Figured Romans 1 was closer.
Formerly sumpnz