Author Topic: Which is What Happens When You Call the Feds - Trump Edition  (Read 1356 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Which is What Happens When You Call the Feds - Trump Edition
« on: December 08, 2018, 09:52:40 AM »
I don't know much about Michael Cohen other than what pops up in the news, but it certainly seems that he hit the "Jayne fail" button as a shady character hoping to make a deal with the feds. I'm not even sure anything he said will hurt Trump - it seems all he has done is expose himself to investigation of his shenanigans from Christmas past.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/jonathan-turley-michael-cohen-made-a-big-mistake-thinking-he-could-avoid-prison-by-turning-on-trump
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
Re: Which is What Happens When You Call the Feds - Trump Edition
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:17:09 AM »
I'm not even sure anything he said will hurt Trump

There are differing opinions on that front
The point for this day is that the Cohen case in New York City is not about Cohen. The president is in peril of being charged.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 08:41:35 AM »
I’ve read some commentary on alternative news sources where there is speculation that Trump and his team do have very damning evidence against high level swamp dwellers.

The two scenarios posited are they don’t have enough evidence to actually prosecute, or they have more than enough but proceeding forward would be tantamount to burning the whole thing down, the thing being our corrupt government.

The one thing I’m confident in is I have no idea what is really going on and I doubt it is possible to find out by reading media sources, even foreign and alternative sources.

This is sort of like watching the Sopranos. I’m not sure there are many or any “good guys”. If we knew the truth it would be revealed that there are just layers of bad guys.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 09:23:52 AM »
There are differing opinions on that front

There are. From the same article:

In marked contrast, though, when it was discovered that Barack Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign was guilty of violations involving nearly $2 million – an amount that dwarfs the $280,000 in Cohen’s case – the Obama Justice Department decided not to prosecute. Instead, the matter was quietly disposed of by a $375,000 fine by the Federal Election Commission.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 10:51:28 AM »
The two scenarios posited are they don’t have enough evidence to actually prosecute, or they have more than enough but proceeding forward would be tantamount to burning the whole thing down, the thing being our corrupt government.

I thought that's what he was elected to do?

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »

Well. If true and there is evidence and it is not released,  they (Trump and company) are by definition part of the swamp problem.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 04:40:47 PM »
I thought that's what he was elected to do?

Unlike Trump the business owner, Trump the PoTUS can't simply say, "the director and all assistant directors of X are hereby fired and I'm giving orders directly until I find and install proper replacements."

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 05:12:53 PM »
Unlike Trump the business owner, Trump the PoTUS can't simply say, "the director and all assistant directors of X are hereby fired and I'm giving orders directly until I find and install proper replacements."

But he can release any documents, evidence.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 07:56:55 PM »
These final two years will be telling.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 10:42:17 AM »
These final two years will be telling.
But no one will be listening.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 11:05:55 AM »
But he can release any documents, evidence.

Doesn't help with getting replacements in, nor can be command their underlings directly until replacements are in.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »
I never heard of ANYONE going to jail for campaign finance violations and/or lying to Congress.   Who's his attorney ??  Because he had a really, really, bad one.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 06:17:12 PM »
I never heard of ANYONE going to jail for campaign finance violations and/or lying to Congress.   Who's his attorney ??  Because he had a really, really, bad one.

The previous transgressors were not part of the Trump organization.
Also, the campaign violations and alleged lying were small potatoes compared to his IRS and financial misdeeds. Those are mostly why is going to Club Fed.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2018, 06:23:43 PM »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinesh_D'Souza#Campaign_finance_violation,_felony_guilty_plea,_conviction,_and_pardon
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 09:33:59 PM »
Most of the people that care to be informed know about the criminality * of the past 10 yrs and those who don't have to be informed and be persuaded to care.  For those who have been following things it's amazing what has gone on.  For those who haven't it will be hard to  believe even with declassified documents as proof, especially with the spin the media will put on things.

* Uranium 1; Clinton Foundation Pay to Play; SpyGate; etc.
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce