Author Topic: An open letter to President Trump from  (Read 980 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
An open letter to President Trump from
« on: February 21, 2020, 06:41:25 PM »
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1229397138364358657.html

An open Letter to @realDonaldTrump, President of the United States.

Dear Mr. President,

I often think of how much my father, Melville “Bud” Hynde, who proudly served his country as a Marine on Guadalcanal, would have enjoyed your Presidency.
The other day when you gave that award to Rush Limbaugh, my father would have been so delighted. He loved listening to Rush, which is why I allowed my song, 'My City Was Gone', to be used on his radio show.
My father and I didn't always see eye-to-eye. We argued a lot..
but isn’t that the American way? The right to disagree without having your head chopped off?

Soon, I will be participating in a protest in London against the extradition of #JulianAssange (@wikileaks). I know my father would be mortified, but I feel strongly enough to do.
what I believe is the right thing; to protest further punishment of a man who sought to defend Freedom, albeit in a way you rightly disagree with.

I know Mr. Assange broke the law (as i have done defending the treatment of animals) but I believe.
he has been duly punished and should now be set free.
Please consider my plea.

Yours truly,

Chrissie Hynde of @ThePretendersHQ

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: An open letter to President Trump from
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 10:09:27 PM »
It is kinda refreshing to have seen that. Outrage mob attacking her for supplying that bigot Rush coming any minute now.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: An open letter to President Trump from
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 10:13:31 PM »
It is kinda refreshing to have seen that. Outrage mob attacking her for supplying that bigot Rush coming any minute now.

I agree with you.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.