Author Topic: DDD is a Sexist Term  (Read 2032 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: DDD is a Sexist Term
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 09:51:06 AM »
I realize this is going to sound alarmist and over-reacting, but this is a clear sign of the fall of western civilization.

When our society is so pampered and unconcerned with actual threats that individuals can go after an acronym that is the same as some other acronym AND look for a way for that to be offensive...

Anyone want to know why Rome fell? They lost the moral capacity to fight for themselves because they were so unconcerned about actual threats.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 10:09:18 AM »
I realize this is going to sound alarmist and over-reacting, but this is a clear sign of the fall of western civilization.

When our society is so pampered and unconcerned with actual threats that individuals can go after an acronym that is the same as some other acronym AND look for a way for that to be offensive...

Anyone want to know why Rome fell? They lost the moral capacity to fight for themselves because they were so unconcerned about actual threats.

My dad says this all the time, not as eloquently and with a German accent: "People got it too good!"

When I was a kid, I got tired of listening to his and my mom's stories of growing up in WW2 and post WW2 Europe and how I should be kissing the ground of modern America. Now I'm right there with them. The only people who have time for crap like this (or even time to complain about it on APS) are people that have all the wonders of the modern world at their fingertips. Somebody pushing a wheelbarrow full of water 5 miles from the closest water source to their house in Somalia couldn't imagine that there are people talking about this nonsense.

Honestly, bad as it sounds, we need a war on US soil, or RKL's plague, or an EMP event or something to create hardships for snowflakes. It might be less damaging in the long run than this stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:13:13 AM »
.... Honestly, bad as it sounds, we need a war on US soil, or RKL's plague, or an EMP event or something to create hardships for snowflakes. It might be less damaging in the long run than this stuff.

I vote for the war. [tinfoil]  I can't shoot the plague and an EMP might kill my red dot sight .....  ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
I vote for the war. [tinfoil]  I can't shoot the plague and an EMP might kill my red dot sight .....  ;/

:lol: [popcorn] :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:25:02 AM »
I vote for the war. [tinfoil]  I can't shoot the plague and an EMP might kill my red dot sight .....  ;/

War>plague.
The last great plague, the spanish flu, mainly killed healthy adults in their prime.

Edit: oops, I just noticed the irony of my above statement.   :facepalm:

As a chemist, I use 'stopcocks' all the time. Maybe I should sue because the word is misandrist.... >:D
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:41:55 AM by brimic »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 11:51:15 AM »
Oh sweet baby Jeebuz:

The way I pointed it out was crude. I was a bit angry that it still existed. It’s exclusionary in the same way as the word “craftsmanship,” albeit less obvious. And in this day & age, only people with active intent to exclude use words like that.

Not even The Onion or the Babylon Bee could make this up. Obviously, we will now have to invent time travel so the United States can go back and restage the moon landing. The first astronaut must now say, "That's one small step for a person, one large step for personkind."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 12:25:42 PM »
Coming up next: a move to remove <the letter between E and G> from the alphabet because it's a sexist code letter for DDD . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 12:33:41 PM »
What about A through H? Those are all bra cup size letters and lort knows ya can't be speaking about anything tiddy related if yer not a womanz!

Oh, and "X"! The lewedest of letters used in smut film names and ratings! (so I've heard... [popcorn])
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 02:35:51 PM »
I wonder when "chest-shaming" will become a term?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 02:52:10 PM »
I really wonder how many actual *expletive deleted*ing idiots like Madam Mei there are in America.  We have 325+ million people.  Unfortunately we now have technology where one *expletive deleted*ing idiot's comments can be spread all over the place like the plague.  On the other hand half the people who vote, vote for Democrats so I guess there are a fairly substantial number of *expletive deleted*ing idiots.  (Although voting for RINOs are running a close 2nd)
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 03:19:16 PM »
Unfortunately we now have technology where one *expletive deleted*ing idiot's comments can be spread all over the place like the plague. 

Biggest problem after "people got it too good", IMHO.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »
I don't disagree with "people got it too good".  I like having it good myself, but all those other people, well.......  =)

However, I really don't have a big issue with people letting everyone know they are idiots.  The problem is we now see the scope of the ignorance.  Don't blame the internet or Twitter for showing the truth.  That is like shooting the messenger.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 05:14:18 PM »
I'd like to rent that ball turret with twin 50's and strafe that Twitter thread.   [ar15]

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 05:17:14 PM »
Someone needs to send Ms. Mei a book on I2C or SPI.  The meltdown would be glorious.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2018, 05:26:42 PM »
She looks exactly as I expected. Why am I not surprised...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 05:39:14 PM »

While it doesn’t explain everything in my Book, look into the r/K selection and Life History theories as applied to society.

“People got it too good” actually is a very wise statement.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 06:03:19 PM »
She looks exactly as I expected. Why am I not surprised...

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 07:53:05 PM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 07:56:19 PM »
Okay, so...

well...

Okay, really. I got nothing. Just nothing.

And that's from the only person on this board who's actually worn a bra with a DDD cup size...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 08:01:22 PM »
And that's from the only person on this board who's actually worn a bra with a DDD cup size...

Don't be too sure about that ...

=)
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 08:01:34 PM »
Okay, so...

well...

Okay, really. I got nothing. Just nothing.

Bet you aren't......

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2018, 08:03:13 PM »
Bet you aren't......

It appears there is some secret APS group that I want no part of...

:laugh:

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 08:05:31 PM »
It appears there is some secret APS group that I want no part of...

:laugh:

APS Drag Show?

[popcorn]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 08:24:37 PM »
Much spare room in it?  [popcorn] :laugh: :lol: =D
MOLON LABE!