Author Topic: Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs  (Read 17201 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Justice Ginsberg has cancer removed from lungs
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2019, 06:31:18 PM »
"She’s a terrible justice and conservatives would love to see her step down. But our side expressed no delight in her latest suffering comparable to the giddy revelry that greeted Koch’s kicking the bucket."

I guess he doesn't browse arfcom GD!

I can assure the author of the piece that there are large numbers of folks on arfcom that are gleefully and publicly wishing for her to die.

Your comment may be accurate.  But there is a difference.  On arfcom it's the rabble with no bully pulpit.  When it comes to LibProgDems it's the Prognoscenti, MSM, Democrat congress critters...ie: they have the bully pulpit.   

I have no respect for Bader whatsoever.  She trampled on the Constitution nearly every time she had a chance.  She even went so far as to say that she didn't like the Constitution and would rather have the one from S. Africa.  I still wouldn't wish a painful death on her.  If she had any class at all, she would have retired a couple years ago. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »
"She’s a terrible justice and conservatives would love to see her step down. But our side expressed no delight in her latest suffering comparable to the giddy revelry that greeted Koch’s kicking the bucket."

I guess he doesn't browse arfcom GD!

I can assure the author of the piece that there are large numbers of folks on arfcom that are gleefully and publicly wishing for her to die.

No doubt. But how many of them are major news outlet commentators?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2019, 10:22:04 PM »
If she had any class at all, she would have retired a couple years ago. 

A couple of decades ago would have been a lot better.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2019, 11:36:45 PM »
A couple of decades ago would have been a lot better.

Except then Clinton would have just appointed a replacement who would've been just as bad, or worse.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2019, 12:19:34 AM »
Good point.

And, of course, she would never have resigned while Bush was President.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2019, 09:49:36 AM »
Good point.

Odds are Bush would have appointed a Liberal justice.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2019, 11:17:02 AM »
~~~who wore conservative sheepskin.   [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2019, 11:34:30 AM »

Alito wasn't good enough?  Sure, Roberts has been disappointing, more like Kennedy than Scalia/Thomas, but Obamacare ruling aside he's been better than anyone the Dems would have put in there.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2019, 05:57:26 PM »
Alito wasn't good enough?  Sure, Roberts has been disappointing, more like Kennedy than Scalia/Thomas, but Obamacare ruling aside he's been better than anyone the Dems would have put in there.

Alito looked pretty good with the McDonald ruling but, since then, he has had some real clunkers, and IMHO has been on the wrong side too many times.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2019, 06:37:56 PM »
Good point.

I understand it's customary to wait until the party that appointed you holds the White House.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2019, 06:42:27 PM »
Why didn't she retire under BHO?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »

I don't know. Waiting for the Dems to get the Senate in 2018, after Clinton won? Or maybe she liked the idea of allowing the first womyn president to replace a female "justice" with another female/gender-fluid/Latinx "justice"? (You can't really call these Lefties justices. More like injustices. Or social justices.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2019, 06:47:44 PM »

I can only imagine it was because she wanted to help cement Hillary's legacy by allowing her to appoint someone to the SCOTUS bench. The gift that keeps on giving for decades after the President that has appointed them fades into obscurity.

bob

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2019, 07:40:47 AM »
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2019, 09:10:15 AM »
I can only imagine it was because she wanted to help cement Hillary's legacy by allowing her to appoint someone to the SCOTUS bench. The gift that keeps on giving for decades after the President that has appointed them fades into obscurity.

bob
Or she wanted to help rubber stamp Hillary's actions in the SC.

She probably just didn't think she was ready to retire until more recently.  We were one Justice short for a year or so before Trump got elected.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »
Back in the hospital with chills and fever.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »
She's been in and out a lot.

Again, not wishing ill will, but I think she might be retiring, or forced out by health before the next election. Which could be good or bad politically, because it would absolutely energize the dem base to vote for "anybody but Trump". From that perspective, if she doesn't retire before the year is out, it would almost be better that she stay in until after the election.

Non-politically, as I have said before, I wouldn't want to see anyone, whether I agree with them or not, risk their health because of a political ideology. If she's really sick and suffering, she should retire, regardless of political consequences to either side, to have some peace in her remaining years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2019, 11:41:23 AM »

Non-politically, as I have said before, I wouldn't want to see anyone, whether I agree with them or not, risk their health because of a political ideology. If she's really sick and suffering, she should retire, regardless of political consequences to either side, to have some peace in her remaining years.

She should, but she's a Trump hater ... so she won't.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2019, 11:44:44 AM »
If she can just hold on until the first of the year it will open her seat and then that Republican (informal) rule of not appointing within one year of an election will come back and bite them in the ass. When will the politicians ever learn, when you change the rules for your benefit eventually it will benefit your opponents.

bob

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2019, 11:49:01 AM »
If she can just hold on until the first of the year it will open her seat and then that Republican (informal) rule of not appointing within one year of an election will come back and bite them in the ass. When will the politicians ever learn, when you change the rules for your benefit eventually it will benefit your opponents.

bob
Just change it again.

Screw the left.

They are demonstrably a bunch of communists and sick perverts.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2019, 12:05:05 PM »
The D's are shameless about changing the rules entirely for whatever they perceive as being to their benefit.  They wouldn't hesitate to fill an opening, particularly if altered the ideological balance of the SCOTUS.  So why should our side?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2019, 12:09:07 PM »
I have no doubt that under similar conditions the Dems would ram through their pick.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2019, 12:29:38 PM »
I believe Trump's next pick will be Amy Barrett, but Merrick Garland would be a good nominee to replace Ginsberg.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2019, 12:46:17 PM »
I believe Trump's next pick will be Amy Barrett, but Merrick Garland would be a good nominee to replace Ginsberg.

If Ginsberg retired next year, I would much prefer Barrett, but it would be interesting to watch the dems do their dance if Trump chose Garland. I believe he would go from, "The poor guy the Rs screwed" to "evil old white man". I'd expect stuff he did in the third grade to come to light.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."