Author Topic: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!  (Read 2527 times)

freakazoid

• friend
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
« on: December 24, 2018, 10:02:25 AM »
12:02AM December 25th. Merry Christmas everybody!!!
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 10:09:11 AM »
Merry Christmas to you!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:23:24 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone!

Also, for the scrooges...  =D

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 10:58:54 AM »
And a felicitous winter solstice celebration observing the rite of your choosing to you, as well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 11:21:42 AM »
And a felicitous winter solstice celebration observing the rite of your choosing to you, as well.

Indeed.  And in terms of this particular one, Merry Christmas !

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 12:36:40 PM »
Merry Toyotathon!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 12:41:47 PM »
For me Jesus will always be the reason for the season. While the date of his actual birth and incarnation probably wasn’t during our winter solstice I’ve come to terms with that and just roll with it  :angel:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called

Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 01:55:55 PM »
Bah Humbug !!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 02:26:29 PM »
14 hours ahead. 

G'day!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »
Merry Christmas Eve my friends!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
hansgruber" border="0

(For me, it's watching John McClain kick some ass. Yippee Ki Yey mother *expletive deleted*er )
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »
For me Jesus will always be the reason for the season. While the date of his actual birth and incarnation probably wasn’t during our winter solstice I’ve come to terms with that and just roll with it  :angel:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not...

It was probably not this time of year, but IMHO this is a good time to celebrate the coming of the Light of the World because there's not much natural daylight right now (at least up here.)  A little supernatural light is greatly appreciated.

BTW, which Die Hard movie is the Christmas one?  I need to catch up...
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 05:39:00 PM »

The one where Mel Gibson does the Three Stooges routine in the Christmas tree lot.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 06:27:35 PM »

He's kidding, right??
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2018, 06:31:00 PM »
I do not wish to offend anyone so please accept with no obligation, expressed or implied, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. This is, of course, neither to suggest nor imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country; also, this is not to imply that "America," as noted herein, is the only America in the Western Hemisphere. May these heartfelt wishes be received with equal intensity regardless of distribution of individual wealth, documented carbon footprint, or perceived social privilege among the wishes addressed herein. This wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of any recipient.

Personally, I would much rather say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  May we never forget the reason for the season.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 11:10:10 PM »
Merry Christmas,  you filthy animals... >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2018, 03:11:58 AM »
gawshdang!
i wanted to say merry christmas before everyone else did!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2018, 08:23:12 AM »
I've found that more people are offended by "Happy Holidays" than "Merry Christmas." When I was a little kid, the two phrases were interchangeable. Now, too many people think HH means, "Christmas is stupid, and so are you, and Hans Gruber did nothing wrong."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2018, 08:29:33 AM »
Merry Christmas, everyone.  

And to those who are offended, I feel sorry for you.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 10:56:59 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2018, 08:37:58 AM »
Ho! Ho! Ho!

Santa liked the ladies of the evening!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2018, 09:10:43 AM »
I've found that more people are offended by "Happy Holidays" than "Merry Christmas." When I was a little kid, the two phrases were interchangeable. Now, too many people think HH means, "Christmas is stupid, and so are you, and Hans Gruber did nothing wrong."

When I was a kid, "Happy Holidays" was resorted to when addressing friends who were known to be Jewish or some other non-Christian religion. It was done out of respect for their religion, so as not to offer them a salutation that they didn't relate to.

Today? It has become a poster child for political correctness. Today we don't use "Happy Holidays" out of respect for anything or any one, we use it because we have been intimidated by the forces of evil, who will stop at nothing until they have eradicated all vestiges of religious faith from our lives and from our society. We are now not allowed to use "Merry Christmas."

A pox on political correctness. I attended Christmas Eve church service last night with a Colt 1911 strapped to my hip. I'm proud to be one of Hillary's deplorables, clinging to my guns and religion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »
Reminder:

Today is Christmas and this is the Merry Christmas thread in Roundtable, not a political thread in politics. If you guys make staff moderate on Christmas day, I swear to God we'll turn this car around right now. And also go back to the old way of doing things where politics gets locked down until after New Years and any topics in Roundtable that come within a mile of politics get locked.

There's 364 other days in the year to be curmudgeons. Refer to my "for the scrooges" post above.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2018, 11:13:27 AM »
Gawshdang!
I wanted to say merry Christmas before everyone else did!

Well, you can say it now for Christmas 2019, then quote yourself next year.  That ought to cover that base for you.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2018, 11:19:48 AM »
Reminder:

Today is Christmas and this is the Merry Christmas thread in Roundtable, not a political thread in politics. If you guys make staff moderate on Christmas day, I swear to God we'll turn this car around right now. And also go back to the old way of doing things where politics gets locked down until after New Years and any topics in Roundtable that come within a mile of politics get locked.

There's 364 other days in the year to be curmudgeons. Refer to my "for the scrooges" post above.

BUT DAD!!! HE'S ON MY SIDE!!!!

Larry Ashcraft

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2018, 12:20:15 PM »
Merry Christmas to everyone here!

We had Christmas for the two daughters and their families on Sunday.  Prime rib and all the fixin's.  My son and his family are still in Columbus OH, but Briana has her last checkup on the 28th, and then they will head home.  We will celebrate Christmas with them on the 30th.  It's been kind of a broken up holiday season, but the results are worth it!