Author Topic: Just announced that Albert Finney has died...  (Read 517 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Just announced that Albert Finney has died...
« on: February 08, 2019, 09:23:12 AM »
Now that's a bummer. Fantastic actor, and was in a lot of really good movies.

One of my favorits of his work was a 1990 TV miniseries called The Green Man about an alcoholic scoundrel who owns an allegedly haunted inn. Only, it really is haunted, and the ghost isn't happy.

Funny exchange from the series...

Maurice (Finney's character) : I'm doing some research on this 17th century cleric who lived in this house. He thought he could make himself immortal.

Rev. Tommy Sonnenscheim : Then I should imagine he had a great disappointment in store.

Maurice : Possibly, though I saw him last night in the dining room.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Just announced that Albert Finney has died...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
That's a shame. Others will disagree, but I enjoy his "Scrooge" musical at Christmastime.

RIP Mr. Finney.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 10:44:52 AM »

One of my all-time favorites.

Unfortunately, most of the good video clips from that movie seem to have gone away.  And most of the remaining search hits point to Tom Jones, the singer.

You know, it's almost like nefarious influences are trying to suppress this movie. :rofl:

Best double entendre line from the movie:
"Young man, if you persist in following me, I don't know what I shall do with you."

Finney (Tom) breaks the fourth wall, looks at the camera, raises his eyebrows, and leers.  >:D

Terry, 230RN

REF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Jones_(1963_film)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:57:36 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:48:13 AM »
Just found that The Green Man is available on You Tube!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.