Author Topic: Time for my annual Memorial Day rant  (Read 452 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Time for my annual Memorial Day rant
« on: May 27, 2019, 12:47:01 AM »
It's Monday, so it's time for my annual rant about Memorial Day. As you all get together for family or neighborhood barbecues, or sit back and watch the auto races, please take a few minutes to spend in quiet reflection of the meaning of Memorial Day. It's the day we set aside out of each year to remember, honor, and give thanks to those who answered the call of duty and who gave their lives protecting our Constitution and our freedoms as Americans.

Memorial Day is not the day to thank me or any of the other veterans on this forum or in your family or your neighborhood for our service. We have our own day, later in the year. Those of us here and near you who served somewhere in combat ... we came home. We're thankful for that. Memorial Day is the day when we are supposed to honor our comrades in arms who didn't get to come home to their wives, sweethearts, and families ... those who fell in the line of duty, and who came home in a box ... or who didn't come home at all.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 01:23:48 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Time for my annual Memorial Day rant
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 12:52:22 AM »
Borrowing...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Time for my annual Memorial Day rant
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 02:11:22 PM »
Borrowing...

You can give it back next year ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design