Author Topic: Real life jungle book  (Read 524 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Real life jungle book
« on: January 28, 2019, 07:54:39 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-3-lost-freezing-forest-two-days-says-bear-kept-safe-230715952.html

3 year olds can be pretty imaginative, especially with hypothermia and lacking food or water....
Anyone think a mama bear legit watched after the kid?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grampster

• friend
Re: Real life jungle book
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 09:31:04 AM »
Why not?  Stranger things have happened.  The bible tells us that it's possible for us to be in the presence of angels.  One covered in fur would be useful in this case.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 09:36:23 AM »
While it sounds unlikely, the article gave several other examples. What they all had in common was very young children, so you have to wonder if some bear's maternal instinct kicked in given the size of the kids relative to a young bear cub. Also I wonder if there are acoustic similarities between the cries and whimpers of scared kids and of cubs in distress.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:47:46 AM »
We just watched a documentary last night that included a polar bear (a HUNGRY polar bear) that decided to play with the sled dogs it had been stalking when they responded with play cues instead of running/ fighting.

Animals may have certain tendencies, but we most certainly don't understand what drives them fully.

That's a long way of saying: Sure, it could have happened that way. Not 100%, but it's not impossible, either.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:28:39 AM »
When that kid fell into the gorilla pit at a zoo, the gorilla seemed to care for the kid.  It certainly didn't attack the kid.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?