Author Topic: Hearing Protection  (Read 862 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Hearing Protection
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:11:28 AM »
Looking for some new active earpro.

I've got some Howard Leights that I'm not particularly fond of.  The foam cups are just a skosh too small for my ears, and also not thick enough.  I can wear them for about an hour, and then the plastic housing starts to press irritatingly on my ear and hurt.  I've got several sets of passive earpro, but I'd like a good set of active ones that are comfortable.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Hearing Protection
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 01:03:59 PM »
My Walker’s are comfortable. I keep seeing the Bluetooth ear plugs on sale from midway USA and am tempted but haven’t tried them yet.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 02:40:09 PM »
My Walker’s are comfortable. I keep seeing the Bluetooth ear plugs on sale from midway USA and am tempted but haven’t tried them yet.

Can you shoot steel/IDPA with the Walker's with the weird neck thing?  Seems like it would chafe or the cables would not stretch far enough when turning and the earbuds would fall out.  How's rifle cheek weld for position shooting with the neck thing?

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 04:03:52 PM »
I have a pair of Clark passives and love them. No experience with their active products.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 05:21:46 PM »
Can you shoot steel/IDPA with the Walker's with the weird neck thing?  Seems like it would chafe or the cables would not stretch far enough when turning and the earbuds would fall out.  How's rifle cheek weld for position shooting with the neck thing?

I have no idea, no hands on, but I will probably pick up some active ear buds of some type one of these days.
I’ve shot skeet with my walker razors with no problem. I would like the smaller Bluetooth buds for hunting.
I need another pair of active muffs because I’m introducing a couple of new shooters and I really, really like to have a newb with ear pro that can hear me with no troubles on the range.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »
Always wear the highest rated muffs you can find, plus foam plugs.  Or you might get hyperacusis like me.  I was wearing ear plugs only.  It did not work.   :mad:

I would add that a suppressor would be a very very good idea to add also.

you do not want to end up like me:

http://www.hyperacusis.net/
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:14:09 AM by BTR »

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 01:44:55 PM »
There IS someone making gel ear cups for them. I don't remember the name though.
D. R. ZINN

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 02:37:44 PM »
I use Peltors and really like them.
A friend of mine swears by surplus Peltor Comtac headsets
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama