Author Topic: "Out of an abundance of caution ..."  (Read 670 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
"Out of an abundance of caution ..."
« on: February 02, 2019, 01:51:04 PM »
https://www.local10.com/news/florida/security-issue-at-orlando-airport-halts-flights-officials-say

Off-duty TSA agent commits suicide at the airport ... so "out of an abundance of caution" the aw-thaw-rih-tays grounded all flights, and rescreened all passengers in two concourses.

It must be something in the air -- the insanity is too wide-spread to blame it on the water.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: "Out of an abundance of caution ..."
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 01:56:22 PM »
You missed this part:

The incident caused several security checkpoints to be breached, a spokesperson for the airport said.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 02:15:33 PM »
Oops ... yes, I did miss that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 02:25:17 PM »
Wonder what he had on Hillary?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 02:39:50 PM »
So they re-screened all passengers?

Good thing there was no place past the checkpoint where a passenger with nefarious intent could have stashed a contraband item . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »

Good thing there was no place past the checkpoint where a passenger with nefarious intent could have stashed a contraband item . . .
yes, an the answer is to force everyone to crowd around in front of a security checkpoint.  How do they screen people before they get in line to be screened? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 04:03:45 PM »
I just read the article to see how he died. I stayed at that hotel once maybe 10 years ago. IIRC, the area below many of the balconies is generally full of people. Lucky he didn't land on anyone.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 07:21:56 AM »

Security theater, you know.  As long as all the boxes are checked, everyone is safe.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 07:23:01 AM »
I just read the article to see how he died. I stayed at that hotel once maybe 10 years ago. IIRC, the area below many of the balconies is generally full of people. Lucky he didn't land on anyone.

Lucky he didn't go Vegas crazy and shoot up the place.  He probably didn't do that because bump stocks are banned.