Author Topic: MantisX Shooting Performance System  (Read 719 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
MantisX Shooting Performance System
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:57:48 PM »
Has anyone heard of this? It popped up on my Amazon recommendations. I know nothing about it, but it sounds interesting.

I have a Laserlyte that I dry fire occasionally, but it just gives the basic information of where your shots "hit" the laser target. This thing looks to give info on shooting technique. At least from the ad - again, I know nothing about it and was curious.

https://www.amazon.com/Mantis-MT-1001-MantisX-Shooting-Performance/dp/B01GF81M5W/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1549501018&sr=1-2&keywords=MantisX+Shooting+Performance+System
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: MantisX Shooting Performance System
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:18:49 PM »
No knowledge, but this does look interesting.  Especially since it allows for both dry fire and live fire.  Watching this thread...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 08:28:09 PM »
My shooting buddy got one for Christmas.  I'll get his take on it.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 09:13:28 PM »
I really like the idea of them.  I just don't know how well it is executed "off the drawing board" so to speak.

A lot of this sports tech seems to work pretty well though, for instance tracking how runners run and stuff. You'd think there would be something viable for shooting by now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 09:42:52 PM »
Can I duct tape it to the gun, I don't have any with a rail.

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 11:43:06 PM »
Can I duct tape it to the gun, I don't have any with a rail.

bob

Bro?! Do you even tactical, bro?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 08:16:46 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 09:06:25 AM »
This is a thing?

:laugh:

I saw some weird recommendations after I clicked the MantisX link as well. Like some really Rube Goldberg hand strengtheners. It's amazing what people come up with to sell...and to buy.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 09:36:33 AM »
Thread drift...  I met a guy who was a really good competitive trap/skeet shooter.  Like Olympic team good.  To help train his eyes and maintain the ability to quickly find and track moving objects, he would take a golf ball, color in one dimple on the ball, and sit around tossing the ball in the air, looking for the color dot and tracking that dot.  On long drives, especially as a passenger, he would look not at road signs, but try to look at the bolt heads on the road signs and track them as they pass the sign.  Sounds like the same concept as the string-thing jamis posted about.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 11:12:37 AM »
Customer reviews seem very positive. Maybe someone here could volunteer to be the $160 Guinea pig?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 03:25:22 PM »
Customer reviews seem very positive. Maybe someone here could volunteer to be the $160 Guinea pig?

My friend did it.

He likes his set-up.  It requires an app and an account, but it seems to track everything.  He says it is very easy to use.

This is his long winded response:

"Yes. I like it. Need to use it more. 

Download app. You can do it now. Sync once. Make account once. Mount on rail or mag floorplate, shoot. Easy. Done."

There you go.  He is one hell of a salesman.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 03:48:37 PM »
Thanks for checking with your friend. At least it sounds like it's not a gimmick or crap. I'll need to research it further then. I do like that it works for live fire as well as dry fire.