Author Topic: Russians Reopen Investigation into 1959 Dyatlov Pass Incident  (Read 454 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Russians Reopen Investigation into 1959 Dyatlov Pass Incident
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:38:45 AM »
The Russians have decided to reopen investigations into the 1959 Dyatlov Pass Incident. While I lean toward the "natural phenomenon" theory on the deaths, and attribute the missing tongues and such to carrion eaters, I'm curious if something was recently found that would cause the ruskies to reopen the investigation.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russian-officials-reopen-probe-into-mysterious-deaths-of-nine-skiers-in-1959-dyatlov-pass-incident
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Russians Reopen Investigation into 1959 Dyatlov Pass Incident
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 10:04:24 AM »
Wonder what they had on Hillary?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Russians Reopen Investigation into 1959 Dyatlov Pass Incident
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 02:42:33 PM »
I saw a show once that speculated that incident was due to some sort of gas release.  Apparently there was a base of some sort in the area.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge