Author Topic: And the police wonder why people don't respect them  (Read 3191 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: And the police wonder why people don't respect them
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »
Honestly with the trash they have to deal with day in and day out, too often the same ones over and over again, and the almost constant bashing they have to endure from the media I'm amazed that "switch" doesn't go off more often.

If they can't control that 'switch,' then they have no business being a person with police powers.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 11:43:52 AM »
If they can't control that 'switch,' then they have no business being a person with police powers.

I agree with a caveat, there's only so much a sane person can take without going insane. They're only human.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 09:29:23 AM »
Follow up on this.  Turns out the cops could NOT have seen the turn the Taurus made into the parking lot.  False pretense for the stop, then lie on the official report.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/investigations/experts-glendale-officer-who-tased-man-11-times-could-not-have-seen-alleged-turn-signal-violation
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 09:35:33 AM »
Or the cop could a ****head
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2019, 11:00:51 AM »
I agree with a caveat, there's only so much a sane person can take without going insane. They're only human.

No. There are a handful of cops who are outright psychopaths, and for some reason, the police unions back them.

Example: here's and oldy but goody... I guess he was pushed passed his limit by an uppity Polish girl who cut off his alcohol.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/87452008-132.html
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2019, 11:13:13 AM »
No. There are a handful of cops who are outright psychopaths, and for some reason, the police unions back them.

Example: here's and oldy but goody... I guess he was pushed passed his limit by an uppity Polish girl who cut off his alcohol.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/87452008-132.html

See reply #28, Actually meant to put that in my previous post. I always hold out the possibility he was a ****head to begin with.
But I also know what the job can do to good people.
- Calvin and Hobbes