Author Topic: El Chapo Will Pay for the Wall  (Read 814 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: El Chapo Will Pay for the Wall
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 07:23:50 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

I can dig it. Wall built from seized drug money
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 07:27:06 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

I can dig it. Wall built from seized drug money

Anyone want to place bets on which dem is the first to scream bloody murder?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »
I think the wall obsession is kind of dumb, but I like this idea just fine. Let's do it.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:50:49 AM »
I think the wall obsession is kind of dumb, but I like this idea just fine. Let's do it.

"obsession"  ???

"dumb"  ???

Educate me, please.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 10:18:58 AM »
Educate me, please.

I'm gonna take a pass on that opportunity. It's been done to death, I don't see any use out of doing it yet again.
If you're really looking for "education" and not argument, I'm sure you can find better sources than me or this forum.  =)
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 10:43:09 AM »
If you are OK with the subversion and destruction of American culture, if you don’t mind the government policy of demographic replacement of western world European descent people with third world people and people who are not of the west who have zero interest in assimilation... then the wall is dumb.

What are you going to do when there are multiple caravans of tens of thousands streaming to our pretend borders?

Can’t happen? Have you looked at Europe? It’s harder to get to and they’ve been inundated.

Better wake up.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 11:10:06 AM »
I'm gonna take a pass on that opportunity. It's been done to death, I don't see any use out of doing it yet again.
If you're really looking for "education" and not argument, I'm sure you can find better sources than me or this forum.  =)
;/
1. Make a sweeping statement on a discussion forum. 
2. Decline to defend position at all except through vague proof by assertion.
3. ...
4. Profit!

There are plenty of ways to legitimately criticize the wall or Trump's focus on it, even if one supports border control, but if you're not even going to try to back up what you say why bother saying it?

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 11:37:57 AM »
There are plenty of ways to legitimately criticize the wall or Trump's focus on it, even if one supports border control, but if you're not even going to try to back up what you say why bother saying it?

The original topic is a very specific proposal that I expressed support for, despite some reservations about larger context which surrounds it.
Rehashing the entire larger context for the millionth time isn't of much interest to me and if that was the thread topic I wouldn't have said anything. Hope that's ok, just trying to stay polite.  :police:

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 11:39:15 AM »
The original topic is a very specific proposal that I expressed support for, despite some reservations about larger context which surrounds it.
Rehashing the entire larger context for the millionth time isn't of much interest to me and if that was the thread topic I wouldn't have said anything. Hope that's ok.  :police:

Tangents, drift and redundancy are a feature not a bug  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2019, 12:07:07 PM »
Move the clock ahead 10 years.  Nothing was done with respect to securing our borders and ports other than tokenism.  10 million immigrants from around the world have flooded into America through porous borders.  Many of them are Muslims who impose Sharia in overpopulated slums and are demanding others to abide by Sharia...or else.  Employers drastically cut wages and replace American workers with low pay 3rd world immigrants who live 5 families to a small house. The Social Welfare system has nearly doubled.  The schools are swamped with 3rd world children who clash with the present multi generational welfare state Americans.  English is becoming a 2nd language.
Diseases that have been dormant begin to show up everywhere.  The streets and neighborhoods are littered with trash.  Medicine is not easily available.  The hospitals are swamped and going bankrupt.  The government is not only broke, but the dollar crashes.  Rioting is endemic.  Crime has ballooned.  The next Great Depression starts and our historic enemies, the Russians and the Chinese make moves into areas that they have been constrained from in the past. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 12:39:50 PM »
If you're really looking for "education" and not argument, I'm sure you can find better sources than me or this forum.  =)

Well, OK, but I thought I had reviewed most of the +s and -s of the issue at at least a rudimentary level and thought maybe there was a side of it I was missing.  (I thought maybe you would make an appeal to the expansion of the U.S.'s gene pool or something.)

I see the fixation on it as due to what I believe is Trump's view of the "Make America Great Again" process.  I think he overbet his hand on the shutdown, but there was no way to know that the Speaker would call. You sees your cards and you makes yer bet.  (This all assumes that unrestricted immigration is a bad thing... which I believe it is. I just thought you had an additional insight which would disabuse me of that notion.)

But thanks anyhow for the courtesy of a response.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 12:44:22 PM »
Question: Did Trump ever promise that the Mexican government would pay for the wall? If not, if the administration takes that $14 billion and uses it to build the wall, would that not count as "Mexico will pay for the wall"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »
Question: Did Trump ever promise that the Mexican government would pay for the wall? If not, if the administration takes that $14 billion and uses it to build the wall, would that not count as "Mexico will pay for the wall"?

Yes, or at least someone putting out info for the Trump campaign said he could make the government pay: https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf
He also said changing NAFTA would pay for it, visa fees could, and I'm sure other variations. Regardless, using El Chapo's money would be good enough to count as far as I'm concerned.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2019, 01:14:03 PM »
I think this is a win win. Even people who don't really care for the wall can get behind this.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 03:03:27 PM »
Rehashing the entire larger context for the millionth time isn't of much interest to me and if that was the thread topic I wouldn't have said anything. Hope that's ok, just trying to stay polite.  :police:
You do you, man.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 03:23:39 PM »
I heard an idea that they should put El Chapo in the same prison cell as Bill Cosby and start a new reality show. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 03:29:46 PM »
He should be going to Guantanamo.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 03:34:55 PM »
He should be going to Guantanamo.

Actually I'll say no. The supermax is like an 8x8 cell they're let out of for one hour a day. It's like living in your bathroom 23 hours a day. Gitmo is the Holiday Inn compared to that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."