Author Topic: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation  (Read 24903 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2019, 01:17:58 PM »
So as far as I can tell as of today, of all the people (mostly the MSM and celebrities) that called for "death to rednecks", half of them are now suddenly doing the "We need to wait for all the facts before passing judgment" thing. The other half are claiming this is a setup by racist Chicago PD (soon to include "racist Trump").

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/02/19/no-big-deal-just-cardi-b-floating-a-conspiracy-theory-that-racist-chicago-police-framed-jussie-smollett/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2019, 01:55:20 PM »
half of them are now suddenly doing the "We need to wait for all the facts before passing judgment" thing. The other half are claiming this is a setup by racist Chicago PD

I saw that also. it doesn't matter how this ends, he will be given a pass because he felt the whole world is so racist that he was forced into pulling off this hoax in order to shine the bright beacon of hope on this ongoing injustice.  =|

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2019, 04:23:03 PM »
I blame Russian influence inside the NRA and plastic straws. So...Trumps fault.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2019, 04:25:32 PM »
I blame Russian influence inside the NRA and plastic straws. So...Trumps fault.

Trump's fault? What am I? Chopped liver?  =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2019, 04:27:17 PM »
Trump's fault? What am I? Chopped liver?  =(

Sorry, TDS Trumps "fistful's fault".  :laugh:

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2019, 04:39:36 PM »
The FBI is now involved:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/02/19/shocking-report-feds-investigating-whether-jussie-smollett-sent-threatening-letter-to-himself/

Oooops, if true he didn't think that one out at all.  But my money is on the fact that nothing will happen to him.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2019, 04:51:08 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2019, 11:02:34 PM »
“I still maintain that,” Sharpton said. “And if it is that Smollett and these gentlemen did in some way perpetuate something that is not true, they ought to face accountability to the maximum.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/43665/al-sharpton-demands-smollett-face-accountability-ashe-schow

Sharpton himself has escaped consequences for the role he played in one of the most famous rape and race hoaxes in modern American history.

In 1987, teenager Tawana Brawley claimed she was raped by a group of white men who wrote racial slurs on her body, smeared her with feces and wrapped her in a plastic bag. Sharpton jumped to her defense, and the case not only inflamed racial tensions in the U.S., but also launched his career as a prominent race-baiter.

As for Sharpton, he was also ordered to pay $65,000 in defamation damages, but the money was paid back by his supporters, after he refused to pay for years.

So, in summary: How has Sharpton “faced accountability” for his actions in perpetrating a race and rape hoax? He has his own show on MSNBC, is still asked for comment on issues of race, and had his friends pay off the debts he accrued from perpetrating a hoax.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2019, 08:46:19 AM »
The two brothers involved in the Jussie Smollett attack told police that Smollett was behind creating a racist letter that was sent to the actor on the set of his show, “Empire,” according to two sources with first-hand knowledge of the investigation.

And when that letter did not get a “bigger reaction,” Smollett orchestrated the attack a week later with the two men–Ola and Abel Osundairo, sources said. Also Tuesday, sources said the two brothers were seen on a ride share video camera before being dropped off near the location of the attack.
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/20/busted-jussie-smollett-wrote-the-racist-letter-that-led-to-the-alleged-fake-hate-n2541897
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2019, 02:22:43 PM »
So apparently, because he's "a consummate professional" on set, 20th Century Fox has no plans to remove him from Empire because of any problems in his personal life. Compare and contrast to Roseanne Barr.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/02/20/sick-of-double-standards-heres-why-foxs-handling-of-jussie-smollett-shows-the-hypocrisy-is-real/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »
So apparently, because he's "a consummate professional" on set, 20th Century Fox has no plans to remove him from Empire because of any problems in his personal life. Compare and contrast to Roseanne Barr.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/02/20/sick-of-double-standards-heres-why-foxs-handling-of-jussie-smollett-shows-the-hypocrisy-is-real/

You expect them to hold a black guy and Jewish lady to the same standard? Isn't that racist?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2019, 02:54:01 PM »
Snopes fact checking Babylon Bee  :rofl:

‘Delete yourselves’: Snopes seriously just fact-checked the Babylon Bee’s post on Jussie Smollett and CNN
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/02/20/delete-yourselves-snopes-seriously-just-fact-checked-the-babylon-bees-post-on-jussie-smollett-and-cnn/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2019, 03:50:25 PM »
Snopes fact checking Babylon Bee  :rofl:

20 years ago  I thought Snopes was the bomb. Of course they didn't do politics back then. Now they're just a parody of their original selves.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2019, 06:42:53 PM »
Update: Smollett officially now a suspect.

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollet-a-suspect-in-criminal-investigation-for-filing-false-police-report-police-say/5147410/

If they think he sent the "white powder" to himself he is gonna be in a world of hurt because that should go to the Feds.

Hey, one can hope and dream....right?

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2019, 07:39:15 PM »
Note the date  :facepalm:

It is absolutely *essential* that we believe Jussie Smollett.

If we don’t, other people who haven’t been attacked might not have the courage to come forward.#IBelieveJussie

— Titania McGrath (@TitaniaMcGrath) February 20, 2019
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/02/20/stunningly-brave-titania-mcgraths-take-on-jussie-smollett-will-bring-you-to-whole-new-levels-of-wokeness/

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2019, 08:15:29 PM »
Note the date  :facepalm:
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/02/20/stunningly-brave-titania-mcgraths-take-on-jussie-smollett-will-bring-you-to-whole-new-levels-of-wokeness/

From a quick scroll through her tweets,  I'm pretty sure Mz. Mcgrath's is a parody account.  But it's getting harder to be sure.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2019, 08:27:39 PM »
Deleted
Link not working
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2019, 08:28:27 PM »
I'm calling it here now:

Mr. Smollett's legal issues will get him fired from Empire whether or not he's convicted.

His character will be written off the show by being killed in a Hate Crime, by a white dude.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2019, 08:29:39 PM »
From a quick scroll through her tweets,  I'm pretty sure Mz. Mcgrath's is a parody account.  But it's getting harder to be sure.

A lot of AOC's tweets reads like parody. It really is harder to tell now-a-days.
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2019, 08:30:02 PM »
And the popo will negotiate with his legal beagles to arrange appropriate surrender. For a felony, wait until Roger Stone sees this.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2019, 08:36:55 PM »
From a quick scroll through her tweets,  I'm pretty sure Mz. Mcgrath's is a parody account.  But it's getting harder to be sure.

Yup, and sadly, it took me more time than I would have liked to figure that out, because that's how whack things are getting.