Author Topic: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation  (Read 24921 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: On This Jussie Smollett Investigation
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2019, 08:39:40 PM »
And the popo will negotiate with his legal beagles to arrange appropriate surrender. For a felony, wait until Roger Stone sees this.

Yeah, why aren't 20 SWAT guys raiding his house? From the LE statements during the Stone arrest, that's SOP.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2019, 09:13:52 PM »
... and Smollett has been charged:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/empire-actor-jussie-smollett-now-classified-as-a-suspect-in-a-criminal-probe-following-attack-claims-chicago-police-say

Authorities in Chicago on Wednesday approved felony criminal charges against "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett, hours after he was "officially classified as a suspect in a criminal investigation" for allegedly "filing a false police report" in connection with his Jan. 29 attack claims, police said.

The update in the case was provided by the department's Chief of Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi on Twitter, who said the Cook County State's Attorney's Office approved the "Disorderly Conduct / Filing a False Police Report" charges.

"Detectives will make contact with his legal team to negotiate a reasonable surrender for his arrest," he continued.

So far, Smollet has not surrendered, Chicago police told Fox News. His attorneys were made aware of the charges.

Per previous posts in this thread: no Roger Stone scenario, apparently.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:34 PM »
How much do we have to pay a cop to wear a maga hat when the guy gets booked?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2019, 10:30:05 PM »
... and Smollett has been charged:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/empire-actor-jussie-smollett-now-classified-as-a-suspect-in-a-criminal-probe-following-attack-claims-chicago-police-say

Per previous posts in this thread: no Roger Stone scenario, apparently.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Not holding my breath on that ahole doing time,  but I never thought charges would happen.  THIS is MAGA country,  you *expletive deleted*ing goober.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:17 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2019, 12:10:28 AM »
They'll slap him on the hand
Release him
He'll go on the talk show circuit taking about how it all happened because of Trump's racism
Sign a 50 million dollar book deal
Be cast as the next Captain Marvel in Captain Marvel vs MAGA Man
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2019, 12:18:13 AM »

You're kidding, right? How can Jussie Smollett/Captain Whatever compete with MAGA Man?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2019, 12:31:03 AM »
You're kidding, right? How can Jussie Smollett/Captain Whatever compete with MAGA Man?

Through the power of DIVERSITY!!!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2019, 12:37:48 AM »

Couldn't bring yourself to say Captain Marvel could you?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2019, 04:01:23 AM »
If they think he sent the "white powder" to himself he is gonna be in a world of hurt because that should go to the Feds.

Hey, one can hope and dream....right?

bob

BobR,
From a link above, the FBI and the Postal Inspectors are already looking at that.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2019, 09:49:13 AM »
Couldn't bring yourself to say Captain Marvel could you?

Nope.  :old:

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #86 on: February 21, 2019, 09:52:03 AM »
In other news, Smollett has turned himself in.

https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-in-custody-after-being-charged-with-disorderly-conduct/5148577/

Someone please refresh my memory -- when this all started, didn't Smollett initially report that the attackers were white males wearing ski masks? If my recollection is correct, why is it that none of the media outlets have commented on the change in color of the alleged assailants? All the articles I read now just say that Smollett claims he was attacked by two males wearing ski masks.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #87 on: February 21, 2019, 09:52:56 AM »
They'll slap him on the hand
Release him
He'll go on the talk show circuit taking about how it all happened because of Trump's racism
Sign a 50 million dollar book deal

I think they'll use some kind of psychological (TDS) defense. I only say that after yesterday having read a list of his past twitter rants against Trump. Angry and threatening. VERY angry and threatening.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2019, 09:55:33 AM »
Through the power of DIVERSITY!!!

Said while he holds a dido up in the air (think He Man) and he changes into a "Ma'am" in a rainbow colored suit
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #89 on: February 21, 2019, 09:58:07 AM »
There will be multiple delays in the trial, it will become old news, something big will happen that dominates the news cycle and there will quickly be a plea bargain and sentencing to community service that won’t be reported in the msm due to the big story.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2019, 10:45:03 AM »
After his story completely fell apart, with evidence showing he sent the letter himself and hired two brothers (of Nigerian descent) to attack him, on Wednesday evening the news broke that Smollet would be charged. CNN's Don Lemon, whose show airs at 10 p.m. eastern, had a meltdown and proclaimed this isn't Smollet's fault. Further, Lemon's biggest concern seems to be the reaction from Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson.

Video at the link
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/02/21/watch-cnns-don-lemon-have-a-meltdown-over-jussie-smollets-felony-charges-n2541981

- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2019, 11:09:29 AM »
Well, he DID dominate the news cycle for the entire Black History Month.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2019, 11:10:28 AM »
More, "We have to find out the facts" nonsense from politicians who were happy to condemn two fictional white rednecks with zero facts.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/02/21/puh-leeze-count-kirsten-gillibrand-among-dems-who-now-want-to-find-out-the-facts-before-commenting-about-jussie-smollett/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2019, 11:19:12 AM »
More, "We have to find out the facts" nonsense from politicians who were happy to condemn two fictional white rednecks the entire white race with zero facts.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/02/21/puh-leeze-count-kirsten-gillibrand-among-dems-who-now-want-to-find-out-the-facts-before-commenting-about-jussie-smollett/

FIFY
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2019, 11:40:20 AM »
It appears that we now HAVE the facts. Facts are what grand juries look at before deciding whether or not to hand down indictments.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2019, 01:51:11 PM »
Snopes fact checking Babylon Bee  :rofl:

‘Delete yourselves’: Snopes seriously just fact-checked the Babylon Bee’s post on Jussie Smollett and CNN
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/02/20/delete-yourselves-snopes-seriously-just-fact-checked-the-babylon-bees-post-on-jussie-smollett-and-cnn/

Hasn't there been a few times in the past where Snopes "fact checked" the Babylon Bee? :rofl:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

freakazoid

• friend
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2019, 02:38:56 PM »

"Just the circumstances and the way he told the story, and what he said happened to him sort of fit in with a -- not a narrative, but a reality for a lot of people in this country since President Trump was inaugurated, that there is an atmosphere of menace and an atmosphere of hate around the country that made it possible for people to either readily believe or want to believe Jussie Smollett. But on the other hand, at the same time, there were people who immediately thought something was fishy," he said.
WaPo Columnist: The Trump Era Made Jussie Smollett’s Fake Hate Crime Seem Believable
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/21/wapo-columnist-the-trump-era-made-jussie-smolletts-fake-hate-crime-seem-believable-n2542004

And who's creating that atmosphere?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2019, 03:24:43 PM »
WaPo Columnist: The Trump Era Made Jussie Smollett’s Fake Hate Crime Seem Believable
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2019/02/21/wapo-columnist-the-trump-era-made-jussie-smolletts-fake-hate-crime-seem-believable-n2542004

And who's creating that atmosphere?

Yes, thank you.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2019, 03:44:01 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jussie-smollett-case-chicago-police-superintendent-s-full-remarks-n974026

In case the Chitown Police Superintendents statement hasn’t been posted here. He was on target and unloaded.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.