Author Topic: CG Lieutenant arrested - terrorist  (Read 1237 times)

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
CG Lieutenant arrested - terrorist
« on: February 20, 2019, 06:14:41 PM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: CG Lieutenant arrested - terrorist
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »
stockpiled weapons and ammunition. According to the documents, federal agents recovered 15 firearms and "conservatively" more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition

Piker.

Of course if they found a MAGA hat they could have just summarily executed him on the spot.

[tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 09:03:48 AM »
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/20/696470366/arrested-coast-guard-officer-planned-mass-terrorist-attack-on-a-scale-rarely-see?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190220&fbclid=IwAR09znS-KysWtnvv64FElmo1WKgRTSxcolGlSS3H6KzWX57qLVlxp2cw5S4

The picture made me think how my collection would look all spread out.

Spread out the guns but stack up the ammo, composition is very important. If you angle the ammo at a 45 degree angle it would be even more impressive. I wonder if he had modified an AR or two with a happy switch to get the illegal weapons charge?

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:11:43 AM »
He had 3 AR style rifles and 6 handguns.  He only had a little over 1000 rounds that?  He doesn't stock up much.  A couple of those rifles look like 22 LR rifles.  I wonder how much of the ammo was a 22.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 09:23:48 AM »
He had 3 AR style rifles and 6 handguns.  He only had a little over 1000 rounds that?  He doesn't stock up much.  A couple of those rifles look like 22 LR rifles.  I wonder how much of the ammo was a 22.

And 3 bolt action rifles and possibly three shotguns, one of which appears to be break action. (Edit: On closer inspection, I'm betting it's a magazine fed .22.)

And 24 magazines? For 3 ARs, a magazine fed Bolt-Action, and 4 Semiauto hanguns? That's only 3 per gun, on average.

Quite the "stockpile" there.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 09:24:06 AM »
Spread out the guns but stack up the ammo, composition is very important. If you angle the ammo at a 45 degree angle it would be even more impressive. I wonder if he had modified an AR or two with a happy switch to get the illegal weapons charge?

bob

From the Court docs they hit him with 18 USC 922 (g)(3) possession of a firearm and ammunition by an unlawful user or addict of controlled substances. Since, one assumes, he wasn't a legal user of the Tramadol.  Also of interest later in the court docs there was a list of purchases made that they say showed "a Pattern", and it mentions a site for 80% receivers.  I wonder if one those AR's is going to be a super scary GHOST GUN!!!/

Quote from: Millcreek
The picture made me think how my collection would look all spread out

You gonna need a wider angle lens then that to spread my *expletive deleted*it out.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 09:34:07 AM »
Reading the story, it seems he was seriously messed up.

Did his Coast Guard co-workers not notice the drug abuse? (Or is that how he was found out?)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 09:40:47 AM »
You gonna need a wider angle lens then that to spread my *expletive deleted*it out.

Yeah, those types of news photos kind of scare me. This guy might turn out to be a nutjob, but that's an average gun collection and a below average ammo quantity for the number of firearms. I mean, do some people go to the range and just shoot 20 rounds and go home?

Comparing his collection with mine, I must be my own country (and I'm an amateur  compared to some of you). I could only imagine what the media would report if I, or many of us here, were ever falsely accused of something and our "arsenal" displayed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 11:27:49 AM »
Piker.

Of course if they found a MAGA hat they could have just summarily executed him on the spot.

[tinfoil]

That's what photoshop is for.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

brimic

• friends
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 12:11:40 PM »
I love how whenever some one is arrested with a 'stockpile' or 'arsenal' of arms, we all collectively say "psssh, my teenage daughter has more stuff than that."   :laugh:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 12:24:51 PM »
Back when I did local IDPA my occasional ammo orders were larger than most of these “stockpiles” of ammo.

For the longest time they would just leave it at my front door, that was nice. Then they started making me pick it up at the local UPS satellite.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
I love how whenever some one is arrested with a 'stockpile' or 'arsenal' of arms, we all collectively say "psssh, my teenage daughter has more stuff than that."   :laugh:

Actually close

Well, to be fair she is 21 now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »
If the story is true as reported I'm glad he was stopped.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 03:36:42 PM »
Yeah, those types of news photos kind of scare me. This guy might turn out to be a nutjob, but that's an average gun collection and a below average ammo quantity for the number of firearms. I mean, do some people go to the range and just shoot 20 rounds and go home?

Comparing his collection with mine, I must be my own country (and I'm an amateur  compared to some of you). I could only imagine what the media would report if I, or many of us here, were ever falsely accused of something and our "arsenal" displayed.
I know at least one person who used to just go buy some ammo at the store before they went shooting.  It worked for them until the ammo scare in the Obama years and they couldn't find any ammo.  After that, they started buying by the case online and had some stockpile.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 05:30:10 PM »

bob

9mm angle is just as effective . . . .

>:D 
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 06:12:43 PM »
Back when I did local IDPA my occasional ammo orders were larger than most of these “stockpiles” of ammo.

For the longest time they would just leave it at my front door, that was nice. Then they started making me pick it up at the local UPS satellite.

Best thus far was to come home to a $1700 ammo order stacked in the driveway. I miss those days, need to find moar money and do it some more.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 11:37:05 AM »
The Coast Guard officer suspect is Hasson. The Army officer who shot up Fort Hood in 2009 is Hasan. What is going on here?

Stephen Miller (of Twitter, not the White House) wants to know if Hasson is going to get as much coverage as the Bernie Bro that tried to assassinate Republican congressmen. So far, it looks to me like he's getting a little less coverage. What say you?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 11:59:56 AM »
That is not a "stockpile". That is a starter kit.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 12:08:07 PM »

Stephen Miller (of Twitter, not the White House) wants to know if Hasson is going to get as much coverage as the Bernie Bro that tried to assassinate Republican congressmen. So far, it looks to me like he's getting a little less coverage. What say you?

What coverage? If I hadn't read about it here, I wouldn't have known anything about it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design