Author Topic: Meanwhile at the Benchmade Knife Co  (Read 5283 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Meanwhile at the Benchmade Knife Co
« on: February 21, 2019, 12:34:54 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Meanwhile at the Benchmade Knife Co
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 07:12:15 AM »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 07:14:09 AM »

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 07:16:06 AM »

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:21:19 AM »
Benchmade is getting soundly trounced on their FB page, too.

Good.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 08:39:58 AM »
Jinx Bradshaw replied · 12 replies
Brad Lee
Facebook put a stop to Benchmade reviews 2 hours in and this page alone is at 1800 responses. What's that say about the amount of public response that's going on? I would hope this can lead to a policy change in the future.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 08:49:27 AM »
A company that hates a large percentage of its customers.

Gun owners need to abandon them, let them be the knife company that nobody on the right buys from.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 08:57:34 AM »
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000047693&cycle=A&fbclid=IwAR1sRzbgDK3Lwx0pWTP8MJvIhGXovVu-WdiT2pNOOpnmuaeIJeIa46ermgA

Just ran across this link. All of the money and support to politicians since 2013 has gone to D’s.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 09:12:02 AM »
Does a large percentage of their business come from police/government/military?
It boggles my mind when a business supports politicians who would like nothing better than to take your product away from a huge percentage of your customer base.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 09:24:46 AM »
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=D000047693&cycle=A&fbclid=IwAR1sRzbgDK3Lwx0pWTP8MJvIhGXovVu-WdiT2pNOOpnmuaeIJeIa46ermgA

Just ran across this link. All of the money and support to politicians since 2013 has gone to D’s.

What are their NRA rankings or State Gun Rights Group Rankings?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
My understanding is that firearm destruction like this (for guns used in crimes) is mandated by law, so it has to be done by somebody. However any company even remotely related to the firearms community would probably better served by stepping off. I'm sure there are plenty of anti-gun businesses with the proper equipment.

The Dem political contributions likely explain much. They might be a "friend to law enforcement", but that doesn't mean they're a friend to freedom.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 09:35:40 AM »

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 09:37:58 AM »

See Reply #2 above.   :police:

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 09:39:26 AM »
See Reply #2 above.   :police:

Oops, it was worth repeating though.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 09:40:02 AM »
My understanding is that firearm destruction like this (for guns used in crimes) is mandated by law, so it has to be done by somebody. However any company even remotely related to the firearms community would probably better served by stepping off. I'm sure there are plenty of anti-gun businesses with the proper equipment.

The Dem political contributions likely explain much. They might be a "friend to law enforcement", but that doesn't mean they're a friend to freedom.

One of the replies on the Oregon City PD Facebook page linked to the Oregon law that says they are not required to destroy the guns.  Up to the city to decide on disposal.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 09:40:32 AM »
Wow, I had no idea about them as a company. That's a shame, they make great (although a bit overpriced) knives.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »
One of the replies on the Oregon City PD Facebook page linked to the Oregon law that says they are not required to destroy the guns.  Up to the city to decide on disposal.

They destroyed a shotgun. Looks like a Remington 1100 from the posted pic. 

Just goes to show it's not "SCARY GUNS" they are after, it's all of them. Because all of them are "SCARY" to the left.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 09:44:38 AM »

Ah, I stand corrected.

Of interest is a comment at the link in your HK post: Apparently Benchmade has a buddy relationship with REI, and REI has gone pretty full bore about not carrying anything from anyone associated with firearms.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 09:55:30 AM »
Wow, I had no idea about them as a company. That's a shame, they make great (although a bit overpriced) knives.

They are a 'bit' overpriced.

Search 'ganzo' knives. They are benchmade knockoffs, albeit without exotic steels (usually 440C), with surprisingly high quality... at about 1/10th the price.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 09:55:59 AM »
Ah, I stand corrected.

Of interest is a comment at the link in your HK post: Apparently Benchmade has a buddy relationship with REI, and REI has gone pretty full bore about not carrying anything from anyone associated with firearms.

Huh. And a few years ago, I used my REI dividend to buy a sweet Benchmade Triage knife.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 10:01:15 AM »
REI has gone 110% SJW and I’m afraid will soon become much more politically active.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 10:02:57 AM »

Yeah,  Benchmade, apparanttly.  :)

I actually like my Benchmade knives and have a couple, but between the chopping and the donations/corporate culture that is being revealed, I probably won't buy another.  It's not like there's any shortage of decent knives from companies that don't flaunt their disagreable policies.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »
They destroyed a shotgun. Looks like a Remington 1100 from the posted pic. 

Just goes to show it's not "SCARY GUNS" they are after, it's all of them. Because all of them are "SCARY" to the left.

With a Russian? SKS next on the bench and that may be it getting it in the 3rd pic
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 10:05:42 AM »

The PD could go to any hardware store, Lowe's, Home Depot, or Harbor Freight Tools and buy a chop saw for under $100. They didn't "need" Benchmade to do this. Which means Benchmade was a willing participant, although I'm sure they (Benchmade) wish the PD hadn't publicized it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
Well anyways, this will be an easy boycott for me. I have one Benchmade 940 Osborne that I bought at least 15 years ago. They're approaching $200 now. Too rich for my blood, and the knife type (kind of a "dress knife" for me). I'll stick with ZT and Kershaw.