5 (8.6%)
Trump muddles along for two years and wins a squeaker
18 (31%)
Trump muddles along for two years and gets defeated
7 (12.1%)
Anything can happen in clown world
22 (37.9%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Trump 2020  (Read 1194 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Trump 2020
« on: February 21, 2019, 01:54:54 PM »
Trump has been better than expected but hasn’t done anything to drain the swamp.

I’m coming around to believing he was never going to drain the swamp, he just wanted to run the swamp.

During the 2016 election I was pretty black pilled. I have to admit these last two years a little flicker of hope for the nation rekindled.

That’s probably a foolish hope.

What is your prognostication?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Trump 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 03:15:58 PM »
Not too long ago I was thinking he'd get the Fix America /  Wake Up America process running, then not run again.

Right now, I'm thinking that he won't rest on this term's results, and if he can stay healthy, hit the White House Gym once a week and tolerate a little more rabbit food, he might run again and win if he can keep the flyover country rabble and deplorables stirred up about all the citified liberal-lefty stupidity rampant in the densely populated areas and educational institutions.

"Woke," in other words, in the opposite direction.

But that's "right now," 1:15:58 PM MST 21 Feb 2019 CE.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »
I think Trump has done some stuff to drain the swamp.  Many of the FBI people who were investigating Trump have been fired.  A number of Mueller's people are now gone.  It wasn't long ago that we saw the articles about all the leftist State Department employees leaving and quitting.  I don't know how much has happened other than that, but that is probably more than has been done in 50 years.   

Remember, we are talking about a pretty big swamp and the little he has been able to do is but a scratch.  It will take Congress cutting funding to make a lasting impact.  I don't see that happening in 2 years.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 02:42:47 PM »
Re-elected no sweat. The Dems are working hard on his re-election campaign with all the screaming and tantrums which got him elected the first time. Instead of STFU and presenting a moderate electable candidate they just doubled down, not only with the meltdowns but also personal attacks, which are pretty much guaranteed to make the targets of the attacks say “*expletive deleted*ck these idiots, I’ll give them more of what they hate”
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »
While I chose "anything can happen" and it's still a long way from the election, I'm currently tending towards "Trump takes it". I just saw that besides the green new deal and "stick it to the rich", the current leading dem candidates have now all come out in favor of reparations. That last is not even remotely popular with a big chunk of dems.

If the current leading dem candidates continue to jump on each radical lefty idea that comes out and make it part of their platform, Trump is sure to win.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dm1333

• friend

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 03:24:34 PM »
All the Democrats have to do to win in 2020 is not be crazy.

That appears to be a bridge too far.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 03:39:57 PM »

Ain't that the truth.  I will be interested to see whom gets the Democratic nomination and in order to get that nomination, will the person have to be on the far left or more centrist?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 04:15:19 PM »
Ain't that the truth.  I will be interested to see whom gets the Democratic nomination and in order to get that nomination, will the person have to be on the far left or more centrist even farther left than that?

FIFY
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 09:02:22 AM »

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average American voter.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 12:53:52 PM »
In normal times, Trump wouldn't have ever had a chance to be elected President.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 03:24:41 PM »
In normal times, Trump wouldn't have ever had a chance to be elected President.

Pssst.  This is normal times.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 04:48:35 PM »
Pssst.  This is normal times.

True. Dysfunctional dystopia is the new normal.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 05:12:49 PM »

It will be the Dem's version of 2012.  Hopefully it's their turn to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 09:45:53 AM »
Trump really hasn't done anything very proactive. He is more passive than I would have expected taking into account his speeches as a candidate. He is basically continuing strong with the same problematic foreign policies, hasn't prosecuted any key personalities, hasn't disrupted any corrupting systems from within. So he fired a few government pawns. He keeps talking about the wall but hasn't really started building. He re-negotiates trade agreements with trade partners. So far he really hasn't attacked the rot that has the Republic on its death bed.

It's probably the lazy citizenry's fault. No follow through. No organization and activism. No large scale marches to put serious pressure on/support behind him and Congress to get s**t done, to put actual fear of lynching in swamp beings, so everyone just takes it easy and moseys on about waiting until the term is up. If nothing is seriously uprooted, the next election will come about, or perhaps the following, where everything will return as it was pre trump, those fired will be rehired, good policies undone and bad ones re-implemented.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"