Author Topic: Top lawyer in FBI wanted to charge Hillary  (Read 669 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Top lawyer in FBI wanted to charge Hillary
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 05:57:57 PM »
Hmmm ...

He later explained why he came to that conclusion, and how his mind was changed:

“So, I had that belief initially after reviewing, you know, a large binder of her emails that had classified information in them,” he said. “And I discussed it internally with a number of different folks, and eventually became persuaded that charging her was not appropriate because we could not establish beyond a reasonable doubt that — we, the government, could not establish beyond a reasonable doubt that — she had the intent necessary to violate (the law).

So the FBI's top lawyer can't read a law that clearly does NOT require intent to constitute a violation.

Good to know.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 06:31:33 PM »
Hmmm ...

He later explained why he came to that conclusion, and how his mind was changed:

“So, I had that belief initially after reviewing, you know, a large binder of her emails that had classified information in them,” he said. “And I discussed it internally with a number of different folks, and eventually became persuaded that charging her was not appropriate because we could not establish beyond a reasonable doubt that — we, the government, could not establish beyond a reasonable doubt that — she had the intent necessary to violate (the law).”

So the FBI's top lawyer can't read a law that clearly does NOT require intent to constitute a violation.

Good to know.

Highlighted an important part... =)
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 06:42:55 PM »
He didn’t want to commit suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »
He didn’t want to commit suicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's Hillary-cide
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 06:59:17 PM »
Naw, that wouldn't be Hillary-cide.  That would be witness-cide or critic-cide.

What bothered me, according to the article, was that even after the "no intent" decision, they decided not to go after her for clearly provable gross negligence, which in security matters, would have obviated the need to have "intent" for prosecution.

This decision... for the good of the country.  :facepalm:

And these decisions were made by the investigating agency, not the prosecuting authority.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sheesh!

A dark, dark moment in American history.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:13:04 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »
Synonyms
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes