Author Topic: Meanwhile at the Benchmade Knife Co  (Read 5279 times)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: Meanwhile at the Benchmade Knife Co
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2019, 12:41:19 PM »
And here I was thinking that it was time to replace my Mini Griptilian that I once had...and now this comes up. Guess I am buying another Spyderco, or perhaps a Kershaw...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2019, 01:27:32 PM »
I have been very happy with my mini-grip, but my next knife will be a Spyderco.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »
Viking I have always been pleased with the US made Kershaws just can’t seem to avoid losing them for some reason

Also had a Spyderco all serrated blunt tip I’d love to find again
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2019, 02:27:26 PM »
Looks to me like most of the companies are trying to play both sides.  Things is, a lot of people are ignoring the need to play both sides, and just focusing on the donations to the Dems.  And calling for boycotts, of course.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2019, 03:42:19 PM »
Tim over at the Military Arms Channel and some of his supporters have started looking into gear companies and are discovering that a whole bunch of them donate to Democrats.   Example: EOTech was found to have donated $40K to Diane Feinstein.  Looking at the lengthening list, I'd dare to estimate half of the big gear companies have donated to candidates who have run on a platform including some call for gun control.  At this rate, we will have darn few companies to actually buy from if we boycott all of the "offenders".  Though, it will make shopping easier.

DiFi is on the appropriations committee and the defense subcommittee.

That may be why defense contractors give to her.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2019, 04:05:32 PM »
Because no honest person needs anything more than a Benchmadeâ„¢ knife to defend him/her/it self...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2019, 12:03:35 AM »
Benchmade did an interview segment with Guntalk Radio today.  They said they were cutting the guns to size to fit in a furnace of some sort.  Overall, their guy didn't come off too well. Callers said as much afterward.  It was the second segment of the first hour if you care to download the podcast. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2019, 10:26:13 AM »
There's a link to the podcast in the parallel discussion on The Firing Line forum.

I have been following the discussion on The Firing Line, and I am both surprised and disappointed at how many people on that forum are posting in defense of Benchmade. I did not expect that on a firearms forum.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 12:09:43 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »
There's a link to the podcast in the parallel discussion on The Firing Line forum.

I have been following the discussion on The Firing Line, and I am both surprised and disappointed at home many people on that forum are posting in defense of Benchmade. I did not expect that on a firearms forum.

What’s that old quote?

We have met the enemy and he is us.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2019, 11:57:58 AM »

I have been following the discussion on The Firing Line, and I am both surprised and disappointed at home many people on that forum are posting in defense of Benchmade. I did not expect that on a firearms forum.

You're surprised?

Look at how many in the firearms community rushed to S&W's defense back in 2000 when the company signed a deal with the Clinton Administration? 

How many people rushed out to defend the "gun writers" who came out against AR-15 style rifles -- Dick Metcalf, Jim Zumbo, Jerry Tsai?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2019, 12:21:27 PM »
You're surprised?

Look at how many in the firearms community rushed to S&W's defense back in 2000 when the company signed a deal with the Clinton Administration? 

How many people rushed out to defend the "gun writers" who came out against AR-15 style rifles -- Dick Metcalf, Jim Zumbo, Jerry Tsai?

Yup - it's a sad fact of the larger gun forums. It may not have been so at TFL 20 years ago, but it certainly is now. Just like Calguns. I used to lurk there, but the amount of "what's the big deal about this one gun control law?" and similar got to be a real turnoff. There are plenty of people on both those forums that "get it", but the size of the forums is bound to bring in some percentage of quislings.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2019, 12:55:56 PM »
20 years ago TFL was really in its infancy.

And, I suspect, the mix wasn't that much different then, either.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »

And, I suspect, the mix wasn't that much different then, either.

I wouldn't be surprised. Similar percentages, just a larger population over the years, so it looks like more cray cray.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."