Author Topic: Seattle is dying: a local news special  (Read 7103 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Seattle is dying: a local news special
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2020, 02:10:43 PM »
pshaw, the newer bombs are pretty clean.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2020, 02:10:45 PM »
Don't want to irradiate E. Washington. Aren't they mostly on our side?

It's getting harder and harder to tell what "our side" is.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2020, 02:14:11 PM »
One MOAB's right in the center of the RHAZ should do it.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2020, 12:37:12 PM »
Clearing the park out live feed with SWAT teams and full riot gear.  [popcorn]
Getting ugly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-oIG7jkCc
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2020, 12:58:12 PM »
What they're yelling is mind numbingly stupid. I fear this will be the entire US in 4 years.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2020, 01:19:36 PM »
I watched a few minutes of it. I couldn't be a cop there. I might accidentally make someone die.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »
Jackmountainbiked thug? Is that a thing?

One of the "protesters" was just yelling at a cop "You ran her over! You ran her over!"

Yeah, with a Huffy..

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2020, 02:10:04 PM »
Youtube deleted the video
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2020, 02:12:16 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2020, 02:14:18 PM »
I so can't wait to get home to watch this...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2020, 02:15:09 PM »
Now that's gone

New link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBi0rCuEYwI

The park is a flipping mess
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2020, 02:21:52 PM »
Youtube deleted the video

Looks like it's been made private.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2020, 02:31:54 PM »
I've seen YT do that before. May or may not been PT News that did it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2020, 05:26:14 PM »
Free hotel rooms
Wonder if this is made up of many from the park?

Homeless Antifa activists took over sixteen motel rooms near Tacoma, Washington on Christmas Eve and are refusing to pay for the lodging, demanding that local government pick up the tab and turn the motel into a shelter.

More than 40 homeless folks are occupying this Travelodge in the Tacoma/Fife area. Advocates say its up to Pierce County to pay for their housing in dangerously cold temps. The motel owner says if something isn’t done he may be forced out of business. pic.twitter.com/4oQIMuTkRR

Antifa activists take over hotel near Seattle as owner begs authorities for help
https://thepostmillennial.com/antifa-activists-take-over-hotel-near-seattle-as-owner-begs-authorities-for-help

Homeless group takes up residence in Fife motel as operator turns to city for help
https://komonews.com/news/local/homeless-group-refuses-to-pay-bill-in-fife-motel-occupation
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2020, 05:37:05 PM »
Free hotel rooms
Wonder if this is made up of many from the park?

Antifa activists take over hotel near Seattle as owner begs authorities for help
https://thepostmillennial.com/antifa-activists-take-over-hotel-near-seattle-as-owner-begs-authorities-for-help

Homeless group takes up residence in Fife motel as operator turns to city for help
https://komonews.com/news/local/homeless-group-refuses-to-pay-bill-in-fife-motel-occupation

This is, and here I'm not being an armchair warrior, one step closer to rifle time. They're pulling this bullshit because to them, Travelodge is a corporation. Nevermind that a guy owns it as one motel in the franchise.

The next step towards rifle time is what I've been reading about people in many areas now getting year-long "rental relief" for the virus. Another step to the "great reset". I read that in Santa Barbara landlords now have to pay three months expenses when they evict someone "without cause". Cause being destroying property, threatening neighbors, etc. But not failure to pay rent. I'm sure a bunch of other liberal hellholes are doing the same thing, because to them, every landlord is a corporation.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2020, 05:37:23 PM »
^^^I think this is very clever optics by the homeless advocacy group.  The City doesn't want to send the cops to force them out into the street in front of the media. The owner just wants to get paid but neither the advocacy group or City is leaping forward with the checkbook out.  So while the talking heads sit around a conference table, the owner is losing, and no one cares about him.

At the end of the day, the business owner is left holding the crappy end of the stick.  If he gets paid, when will that happen, and will it happen in time enough to save his livelihood.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »

At the end of the day, the business owner is left holding the crappy end of the stick.  If he gets paid, when will that happen, and will it happen in time enough to save his livelihood.

Lets also not forget that this is antifa, so besides the rent, there will be significant damage to the rooms. I can't recall for sure, but I thought the hotels in San Francisco or Berkeley or wherever that were forced to take in the homeless, had their rooms pretty much trashed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2020, 05:42:35 PM »
I'm sure a bunch of other liberal hellholes are doing the same thing, because to them, every landlord is a corporation.

And that just frosts my shorts.  We have friends who rent out a house or condo, or in some cases, they have a 4-5 apartment building that they are using as cash flow for their retirement.  They are as mom and pop as you can be.  We rented out my wife's condo for a while, until the market improved and we could sell it without being underwater.  Here in Washington, the eviction moratorium has been extended through March, and I worry what is going to happen to those small residential and commercial landlords.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »
And that just frosts my shorts.  We have friends who rent out a house or condo, or in some cases, they have a 4-5 apartment building that they are using as cash flow for their retirement.  They are as mom and pop as you can be.  We rented out my wife's condo for a while, until the market improved and we could sell it without being underwater.  Here in Washington, the eviction moratorium has been extended through March, and I worry what is going to happen to those small residential and commercial landlords.

It's one of the reasons I got out of landlording in California. I know my tinfoil hat is on, but what's going on now "cuz covid" is just the perfect stepping stone to permanent "rent reforms" that will be the end of the individual landlord.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2020, 06:44:57 PM »
Burn the TravelLodge to the ground, blame antifa for starting the fire, collect the insurance,  and move the *expletive deleted*ck out of Seattle.

Owners problems are solved.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2020, 08:44:25 PM »
Noticed a guy is even doing a live feed.
But only if you're bored out of your skull

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjcoFH-4m3s
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2020, 12:06:19 AM »
Burn the TravelLodge to the ground, blame antifa for starting the fire, collect the insurance,  and move the *expletive deleted*ck out of Seattle.

Owners problems are solved.
That doesn't sound too bad, but getting it done with no witnesses and no evidence of arson will need some thought.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2020, 05:17:51 AM »
Turn off the utilities and they will probably burn it down for him.