Author Topic: Seattle is dying: a local news special  (Read 7101 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Seattle is dying: a local news special
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2020, 08:26:23 AM »
Sounds to me like the owner is a hard-working immigrant being attacked by rascist, rich whitey kids with a cause:

And the manager? “I’m just devastated,” Shawn Randhawa told The News Tribune. “Because of the protest, I have nothing else. I was barely getting through this pandemic, and now this. This Christmas, the Grinch came.”

“They are keeping me hostage. No one is out to help me,” he said. “It’s complete lawlessness in the city of Fife.”

If the situation does not change in a few days, Randhawa said he will abandon the property and his 15 employees will stop showing up.

“I’ll have to lock the doors. and if the city won’t kick them out, they can have it,” he said. “I’ll shut off the water and I’m not fighting with these people. I believe there should be a law.”

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/12/29/homeless-advocacy-group-occupying-washington-motel-refusing-to-pay-or-leave/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2020, 08:32:58 AM »
I believe there should be a law.

There is a law: criminal tresspassing.  Probably vandalism, too.

There problem is there is no law enforcement. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2020, 08:51:22 AM »
My employer's North Lake Union offices were burglarized repeatedly during the weekend of Christmas.  The Seattle PD has lost almost 200 officers during 2020, so I'm guessing any investigation won't be a priority.  I am so glad that I moved back to Virginia to work from a home office.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: December 30, 2020, 09:00:20 AM »

There problem is there is no law enforcement. 

There will be if the owner attempts to regain his property.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scott Metro

« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2020, 09:40:16 AM »
Our nation quivers on the brink of extinction. My 2 cents..." when push comes to shove, only a dedicated citizen militia can save this nation".
We cannot count on our lawmakers, our law enforcement, our military, or any help from the rest of the world. I hate that we are forced to this, I see no other way. Surrender is not an option for me.
Extinction is the rule, survival is the exception.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #80 on: December 30, 2020, 10:00:28 AM »
There will be if the owner attempts to regain his property.
I think that is the key part of the equation.  Law enforcement has never been able to take care of everything.  When they actively prevent anyone else from taking action, it gets out of control.  If the police are busy, the hotel owner should be able to hire some muscle and run all those people out. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2020, 03:13:38 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2020, 03:28:06 PM »
ANIFA calling in reinforcements
This could get interesting
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2020, 03:37:16 PM »
Kid whining about how the richest country in the world won't pay for the rooms
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scott Metro

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2020, 07:25:24 PM »
Sad thing. As we learned this past summer, and as Stalin is quoted as saying, "The police are a tool of whoever has the power".
I can understand some LEO's allowing looters, arsonists, killers to have their way with their city, I would have thought that many would have just acted on their own and brought hell down upon Antifa and BLM. Who's side would they be on?
I could not have stopped myself from a 20 round ammo dump on those Marxist POS's.
Just saying.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #85 on: December 30, 2020, 07:30:28 PM »
Who's side would they be on?

When, not if, push comes to shove you can count on 98%+ of law enforcement officers defaulting to their paycheck when given the alternative of enforcing unconstitutional, tyrannical orders or being unemployed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scott Metro

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2020, 07:38:19 PM »
I was amazed and astounded when I learned that only 17% of the colonists took up arms against the British. The rest of our countrymen all had reasons to sit it out. What'ya think? Any different today?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2020, 07:45:55 PM »
When, not if, push comes to shove you can count on 98%+ of law enforcement officers defaulting to their paycheck when given the alternative of enforcing unconstitutional, tyrannical orders or being unemployed.

That is because 98% of cops don't  really think their job is going to kill them, so they default to paycheck.

If the choice is paycheck and 50% (or higher) chance of dying, or live and find a new job, I suspect a bunch will choose alive and unemployed.

Solzhenitsyn touched on the fact, and we need to realize the fact, that if there's actually tyranny that we need to fight, we need to kill the agents enforcing it. Not if they kick in your door at 3 am, that's too late.  When they are writing tickets, drinking coffee, or pumping gas.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2020, 08:23:58 PM »
That is because 98% of cops don't  really think their job is going to kill them, so they default to paycheck.

If the choice is paycheck and 50% (or higher) chance of dying, or live and find a new job, I suspect a bunch will choose alive and unemployed.

Solzhenitsyn touched on the fact, and we need to realize the fact, that if there's actually tyranny that we need to fight, we need to kill the agents enforcing it. Not if they kick in your door at 3 am, that's too late.  When they are writing tickets, drinking coffee, or pumping gas.

I still believe much of it also relies on "red cop, blue cop", with many of them defaulting to their political philosophy. Not as major a choice of life or death, but it can come into play. A red cop, in a red cop shop, in a red town may have an easier time deciding to side with the constitution than a red cop in a blue city. Blue cops in blue cities might be more inclined to happily follow totalitarian orders, at least until people fight back.