Author Topic: Facebook Stored Hundreds of Millions of User Passwords in Plain Text for Years  (Read 469 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/03/facebook-stored-hundreds-of-millions-of-user-passwords-in-plain-text-for-years/

Quote from: From above link
The Facebook source said the investigation so far indicates between 200 million and 600 million Facebook users may have had their account passwords stored in plain text and searchable by more than 20,000 Facebook employees. The source said Facebook is still trying to determine how many passwords were exposed and for how long, but so far the inquiry has uncovered archives with plain text user passwords dating back to 2012.

Well Ben, not being on FB looks to be like a good thing.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/03/facebook-stored-hundreds-of-millions-of-user-passwords-in-plain-text-for-years/

Well Ben, not being on FB looks to be like a good thing.

I just knew my misanthropic, anti-social behavior would eventually pay off.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
I just knew my misanthropic, anti-social behavior would eventually pay off.  =D

My feelings exactly.

Thanks for the link. I just e-mailed it to my friend who constantly belittles me for not joining the modern world and creating a Facebook account.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design