Author Topic: People Starting to Push Back  (Read 2012 times)

HankB

• friend
People Starting to Push Back
« on: May 02, 2020, 02:26:40 PM »
Park ranger laying down the law on social distancing to park visitors.

Park ranger pushed into (shallow) water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjLQD6ts2xI

No injury except to ranger's dignity.

:rofl:

(I suspect the system will come down heavily on the pusher.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: People Starting to Push Back
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 04:09:48 PM »
There's a lot of unrest in that regard, much of it the result of heavy-handed enforcement tactics and nonsensical or inconsistent restrictions. I have to believe there's even more we don't see because it goes against the "See, we told you this is what the citizens want!" narrative. I think that's why a bunch of states are going ahead with opening back up, their governments know things are reaching critical mass. If they don't start relieving some of the pressure it will turn bad and will be neither gradual nor minor.

Brad
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 12:15:43 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 04:33:31 PM »
I'm pretty convinced that it won't end until the public pushes back at the cops enforcing the city council and mayor and governor edicts.

I'm seeing articles about AZ businesses opening, the first customers through the door are off-duty cops, then a few hours later, cops come through and "regretfully" have to shut down the business.  "They don't want to be there."

"No cops allowed" signs, public elimination of LEO discounts, and the like, will have a pretty marked effect.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 04:39:53 PM »
By what authority is Judge Hidalgo shutting down Harris County (Houston) Texas?  She just extended the lockdown for another 3 weeks.  (I also wonder who's telling her to do that)  And why hasn't the Attorney General (Paxton, I think) or Governor Abbott, or a high-ranking judge slapped her down yet?
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 04:42:14 PM »
I'll be the bad guy here. I think you have to be careful regarding "pushback". In the OP, at least from the clip, the ranger, while maybe being a nanny, looked to be politely explaining things. Whether you agree with the lockdown to it's current degree or not (I'm in the "not" crowd), the unarmed ranger was doing passive/educational enforcement in, again, what appeared to be a polite manner. Disagreeing and debating with him would have been acceptable. Ignoring him would have been acceptable. This was not. This was a drunken punk that we would otherwise be chastising about getting a haircut and a job. I kinda hope he gets community service picking up roadside garbage.

The place for pushback is with examples like those Wisconsin cops. They were basically armed thugs, but that woman stood up to them admirably. She was a good example of pushback.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »
I heard someone say there are speak-easies in NYC. Obviously, though, he presented no evidence.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 04:50:58 PM »
I'll be the bad guy here. I think you have to be careful regarding "pushback". In the OP, at least from the clip, the ranger, while maybe being a nanny, looked to be politely explaining things. Whether you agree with the lockdown to it's current degree or not (I'm in the "not" crowd), the unarmed ranger was doing passive/educational enforcement in, again, what appeared to be a polite manner. Disagreeing and debating with him would have been acceptable. Ignoring him would have been acceptable. This was not. This was a drunken punk that we would otherwise be chastising about getting a haircut and a job. I kinda hope he gets community service picking up roadside garbage.

The place for pushback is with examples like those Wisconsin cops. They were basically armed thugs, but that woman stood up to them admirably. She was a good example of pushback.

I agree with you about the OP.  But whether it's a good example or not, it does show people are getting tired of the bullshit.
Who's this WI woman you are talking about?  I haven't heard of that, and am having trouble finding it now.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 04:56:06 PM »
I agree with you about the OP.  But whether it's a good example or not, it does show people are getting tired of the bullshit.
Who's this WI woman you are talking about?  I haven't heard of that, and am having trouble finding it now.

Sorry - I posted it in the big virus thread I think. Here's a different site with the same video:

https://pjmedia.com/culture/megan-fox/2020/04/29/new-normal-wisconsin-cops-caught-on-camera-threatening-mom-for-letting-child-play-with-neighbor-n386692
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 04:56:38 PM »
Something else to remember.
The cops happily enforcing the BS lockdown are the same cops that will happily enforce gun bans. Sure seems to be an awful lot of them.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 06:40:31 PM »
Yeah, the park ranger was only talking in my OP, not arresting anyone. But he wasn't punched out or beaten up, either. 40 hours or so of picking up litter would be an appropriate punishment for pushing him, but I suspect they're going to be pushing for something much more major. (I wonder what the powers-that-be would think is an appropriate punishment if an APS member without a badge was pushed into shallow water?)

Something else to remember.
The cops happily enforcing the BS lockdown are the same cops that will happily enforce gun bans. Sure seems to be an awful lot of them.
I'm glad that some police departments and sheriff's offices have indicated they're NOT going to enforce some edicts issued by politicians; there ARE honorable officers!  :police:

The others - oathbreakers, each and every one of them. Swearing to uphold and defend the Constitution and then enforcing edicts that violate it.

Were I a juror, I would summarily discount ALL testimony from EVERY LEO who I knew had enforced or was enforcing an unconstitutional order.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 08:24:12 PM »

???
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 10:50:21 PM »