Author Topic: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time  (Read 104680 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: The 2020 Circus - All of the clowns, all of the time
« Reply #325 on: September 06, 2019, 11:09:15 AM »
Close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Ve2pzTp3Q

I was actually thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMxVBY70dPU

Which wasn't blocking out the sun, but "using mirrors in space" which is what Yang wants.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #326 on: September 06, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »
Pretty sure that Sulfur Dioxide is a precursor to acid rain.

Wait a tic

Yep:

In the gas phase sulfur dioxide is oxidized by reaction with the hydroxyl radical via an intermolecular reaction:[5]

SO2 + OH· → HOSO2·
which is followed by:

HOSO2· + O2 → HO2· + SO3
In the presence of water, sulfur trioxide (SO3) is converted rapidly to sulfuric acid:

SO3 (g) + H2O (l) → H2SO4 (aq)
Nitrogen dioxide reacts with OH to form nitric acid:
NO2 + OH· → HNO3

Not sure seeding the stratosphere with a known pollutant is a great idea.

The list of things that can go wrong with releasing a large population of engineered micro organisms into the ocean is also pretty dang long.  I feel like Yang is concerned that Climate Change might not be taken seriously so he's damn well going to make it an extinction event so we understand how real it is

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #327 on: September 06, 2019, 11:14:35 PM »
Pretty sure that Sulfur Dioxide is a precursor to acid rain.

Wait a tic

Yep:

Not sure seeding the stratosphere with a known pollutant is a great idea.

The list of things that can go wrong with releasing a large population of engineered micro organisms into the ocean is also pretty dang long.  I feel like Yang is concerned that Climate Change might not be taken seriously so he's damn well going to make it an extinction event so we understand how real it is

Clearly, Yang chose the correct political party.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #328 on: September 08, 2019, 05:09:02 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-propose-mandatory-free-speech-buyback-for-dangerous-ideas
Babylon Bee:  Democrats Propose Mandatory Free Speech Buyback For Dangerous Ideas
 =D
The current proposal is to force any Americans who have scary ideas, like that there are only two genders or that climate change isn’t a serious crisis, to sell those ideas to the government at a fair market price so they are then no longer able to express those views. The government will also force the sale of dangerous media, such as making Netflix sell them the new Dave Chapelle comedy special so it can be destroyed.

“These are ideas that serve no purpose, and we need to get them out of public use,” stated Elizabeth Warren. “Some people may be upset, but they shouldn’t be, because we’re paying them for their stupid ideas. Also, we’re buying back being able to call me Pocahontas. No one needs that.”
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2019, 05:11:00 PM »
This fake story might be taken the wrong way by some people.

https://babylonbee.com/news/bernie-sanders-leaps-into-wood-chipper-to-reduce-carbon-footprint
Babylon Bee:  Bernie Sanders Leaps Into Wood Chipper To Reduce Carbon Footprint

Inspired by Sanders's example, other Democratic like Pete Buttigieg, Cory Booker (he's still running, right?), and Elizabeth Warren have all volunteered to off themselves in order to jumpstart their population control policies.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #331 on: September 09, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »
DeBlowhardio wants to stave off firing/not hiring the $15/hr employees by creating a "robot tax".

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/09/09/beyond-parody-president-bill-de-blasio-will-establish-a-new-federal-agency-and-a-robot-tax-to-punish-companies-that-increase-automation/

Hoo, boy. Where to begin?

To start, my plan calls for a new federal agency, the Federal Automation and Worker Protection Agency (FAWPA), to oversee automation and safeguard jobs and communities.

Just what we need -- yet another federal agency. But, at least it will create a place for all those displaced workers to go get a paycheck.

Additionally, my plan would close tax loopholes worth hundreds of billions of dollars for corporations that invest in automation and then often deduct it on their taxes, even if they know that their “investment” will likely destroy their employees’ jobs.

Here we go with the "loophole" rhetoric again. Since when is it NOT an "investment" when a business purchases stuff to run the business?

Lastly, my proposal would institute a “robot tax” on large companies that eliminate jobs through increased automation and fail to provide adequate replacement jobs. They’d be required to pay five years of payroll taxes up front for each employee eliminated. That revenue would go right into a new generation of labor-intensive, high-employment infrastructure projects and new jobs in areas such as health care and green energy that would provide new employment. Displaced workers would be guaranteed new jobs created in these fields at comparable salaries.

So, the green WPA?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #332 on: September 09, 2019, 07:30:06 PM »
But, think of the buggy whip makers!!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #333 on: September 09, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »
But, think of the buggy whip makers!!

Learn to code.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #334 on: October 03, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
So they apparently had some kind of "gun control marathon" similar to the climate one, where only one side of the debate was allowed. A guy put together some choice snippets:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/10/03/elizabeth-warren-wants-to-limit-gun-purchases-to-prevent-people-bulking-up-in-the-middle-of-a-crisis/

Molon Labe, bastards.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »
Biden is yelling SQUIRREL! now

Joe Biden Pivots to Gun Control In Wake of Ukraine Scandal
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/10/04/joe-biden-pivots-to-gun-control-in-wake-of-ukraine-scandal/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #336 on: October 05, 2019, 11:48:03 AM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/all-democrats-drop-out-of-presidential-race-since-climate-change-is-ending-the-world-so-theres-no-point-anyway
All Democrats Drop Out Of Presidential Race Since The World Is Ending From Climate Change And There's No Point

“Here I was worrying about billionaires when it’s the sun that’s my enemy!” yelled Bernie Sanders as he shook his fist at the sun. “I should have taxed the sun!”

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #337 on: October 05, 2019, 07:33:50 PM »
I was really hoping Corey Booker would fail to raise the $1.7million he needed to continue his campaign.

I still plan on pulling a D ballot in primary and voting for Maryann Williamson.  Or whoever is the wackiest of the remaining candidates.  But none of the front runners.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #338 on: October 06, 2019, 10:44:39 AM »
Before you do that, see if any actual good candidates (if they exist) need help in their races.  I have heard several more Republicans are not running for reelection.  May not apply in your area.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #339 on: October 06, 2019, 06:23:51 PM »
Has Bernie dropped dead out yet?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #340 on: October 08, 2019, 11:27:29 AM »
Elizabeth Warren speak with forked tongue.

Apparently there is documentation showing that rather than being forced to leave her teaching gig due to pregnancy, her second year contract was unanimously approved by the board. Inconvenient.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/10/08/brit-hume-only-needs-2-words-to-sum-up-elizabeth-warren-getting-caught-lying-again-about-alleged-pregnancy-firing/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #341 on: October 08, 2019, 11:39:19 AM »
Elizabeth Warren speak with forked tongue.

Apparently there is documentation showing that rather than being forced to leave her teaching gig due to pregnancy, her second year contract was unanimously approved by the board. Inconvenient.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/10/08/brit-hume-only-needs-2-words-to-sum-up-elizabeth-warren-getting-caught-lying-again-about-alleged-pregnancy-firing/

Matters not one bit to 99.9% of the left.
Remember, it's not a lie if it's morally correct, aka fits the narrative
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #342 on: October 08, 2019, 12:42:30 PM »
Link doesn't work, but this came out a couple of days ago. Yes, once again Ms. Warren's fictionalized biography has been tripped up by inconvenient fact. She is, once again, trying to portray herself as a victim of a patriarchal system under which pregnant teachers lost their jobs and their livelihoods. Unfortunately for Ms. Warren, it has come out that -- in fact -- she simply chose to be a stay-at-home mother for a couple of years. The "system" didn't victimize her at all.

She's already a known liar. This is just another example of Ms. Warren doing what she knows best how to do: lie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #343 on: October 08, 2019, 12:43:56 PM »
Yes, Warren is a known liar.  That makes her more electable to the Democrat base.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #344 on: October 08, 2019, 12:49:23 PM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #345 on: October 08, 2019, 06:17:13 PM »
Facts are irrelevant when you are truthing.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #346 on: October 08, 2019, 08:50:46 PM »
I saw a comment on twitter that there may have been unofficial pressure to leave for a non-tenured teacher with only a year on the job.  It could simply be she felt like she wasn't welcome and being fired is how she remembers it all these years later.  Either way, it goes along with the typical "I am a Victim Too" language the democrat politicians like to do.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #347 on: October 10, 2019, 01:31:20 PM »
When will Michelle jump in to "save" us?
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes