Author Topic: Work order / Repair order tracking, software or app advice  (Read 1072 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Work order / Repair order tracking, software or app advice
« on: April 19, 2019, 02:55:40 PM »
The new job will entail multiple users needing to access and track work/repair orders, along with being able to input notes and list associated sub-orders. Anyone have experience with a relatively simple and lightweight work order tracking system? Will be on a network and needs to be accessible by up to five users. Mobile-friendly is a plus, but not a deal breaker.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Work order / Repair order tracking, software or app advice
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 05:59:30 PM »
CMMS?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 07:57:18 PM »
I was sure there must be a slew of freeware programs to handle this, so I went searching.

Nada. Zip. Zilch. Rien. Nichts. Ничего такого. Τίποτα.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
Not sure if this meets your requirements, but I had a good experience with Repair Shopr at my old job.  Really, really user friendly as far as adding customers, tickets, bills, whatever quickly and easily.  A ton of integration for emails, scheduling, and other features.  It does cost money but you can try it for free if the price isn't a deal breaker.

https://www.repairshopr.com

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 09:11:47 PM »
What are you using for an accounting package?  Sage or Quickbooks?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 10:02:24 PM »
You might look at SugarCRM.

We've used it in the past for several years for CRM and support ticket tracking, and with marketing/billing to a limited extent.  We've since switched to SalesForce which is crazy 'spensive in comparison.

Sugar offers an open source version with no support for free.  A lot on NAS/SAN devices often come with Sugar as a potential add-on app.  I know Synology devices do.  Or you can pay Sugar for a supported and hosted version with some degree of customization help.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!