Author Topic: Breaking News!  (Read 1441 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Breaking News!
« on: April 22, 2019, 08:58:46 PM »
DiBlasio is on crack!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-de-blasio-says-green-new-deal-will-ban-inefficient-steel-and-glass-skyscrapers

Hizzoner Mayor DiBlasio of NYC, wants owners of NYC skyscrapers to reduce energy consumption by 30 percent.

Hizzoner is nutz. Can't be done.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Breaking News!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 09:12:44 PM »
... and the line between The Onion and reality is blurred even further.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 10:02:35 PM »
DiBlasio is on crack!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bill-de-blasio-says-green-new-deal-will-ban-inefficient-steel-and-glass-skyscrapers

Hizzoner Mayor DiBlasio of NYC, wants owners of NYC skyscrapers to reduce energy consumption by 30 percent.

Hizzoner is nutz. Can't be done.

The party of science.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 07:04:21 PM »
But wait, there's more

The city’s $14 billion “Green New Deal” includes plans to cut purchases of red meat by 50 percent and phase out purchases of processed meats in its city-run schools, hospitals, schools, and correctional facilities by 2040. The city would be first in the world to adopt a policy of this kind. The announcement comes after New York schools adopted Meatless Monday in an effort to encourage students to abstain from consuming meat one day a week to improve their health and the environment.

Chloe Waterman, who serves as Program Manager for the Climate-Friendly Food Program at Friends of the Earth, said of De Blasio’s proposal in a statement: “New York City is strengthening its climate leadership by acknowledging the importance of slashing consumption-based greenhouse gas emissions associated with factory farmed meat. Eliminating processed meat and cutting red meat purchases will pay dividends for the health of future generations and the planet.”

New York’s Green New Deal Will Slash Red Meat in City Facilities by 50%
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/04/24/new-yorks-green-new-deal-will-slash-red-meat-in-city-facilities-by-50/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 07:10:28 PM »
So I actually read the linked article.  If red meat is discouraged, does this mean that pork, chicken and fish are OK? Or is red meat a synonym for all animal flesh?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 08:50:55 PM »
So I actually read the linked article.  If red meat is discouraged, does this mean that pork, chicken and fish are OK? Or is red meat a synonym for all animal flesh?

It's the cow farts they want gone. Pig farts will power Bartertown.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 10:02:37 PM »
Did we all die and go to purgatory?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 04:13:43 PM »
He also just banned hot dogs:

https://z100.iheart.com/content/2019-04-23-nyc-to-ban-hot-dogs-and-processed-meats-to-improve-climate/

A few good points I read elsewhere: Processed meats are part of what give the poor affordable protein. People can dig on McD's all they want, but there are a couple of billion people in the world who would love to eat a quarter pounder or filet-o-fish once a day. McD's (and the others) may not be "healthy eating" but seriously, people in the US can be lazy and  get all their calories for $5/day.

If people like Deblasio want to change habits, come up with a fast food idea where people can eat healthy (and just as importantly, tasty) for $5. I guarantee you that while he forces people to eat gruel and taxpayers to pay for it at likely twice what it should cost, he's eating Filet Mignon, just like he gets driven two blocks to the gym in a Suburban instead of walking, or at least a dinky electric car.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
He also just banned hot dogs:

Is he deliberately trying to alienate all the normal people?

Nathan's Famous started on Coney Island, ffs.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 05:04:55 PM »
He is not banning hot dogs in NYC.  He is banning the purchase of hot dogs and processed meats for city-run facilities such as schools and hospitals.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 05:20:24 PM »
Still an asinine idea that won't help his reelection chances.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »
Still an asinine idea that won't help his reelection chances.

I agree.  I just can't stand the click-bait headline and reactions based on false information.

IIRC, Bloomberg tried to ban sodas in the city and that got shot down in court.  That may be why the current mayor is only banning the hotdogs from city facilities.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 07:08:58 PM »
A few good points I read elsewhere: Processed meats are part of what give the poor affordable protein. People can dig on McD's all they want, but there are a couple of billion people in the world who would love to eat a quarter pounder or filet-o-fish once a day. McD's (and the others) may not be "healthy eating" but seriously, people in the US can be lazy and  get all their calories for $5/day.

I don't have any love for McDonalds, although I do eat there if there isn't a Burger King nearby. I'll say that at least McDonald's Filet-O-Fish is made from real whitefish (Pollack, I think). I'd much rather eat that than Tilapia.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2019, 01:57:09 AM »
Fly320s:

"I just can't stand the click-bait headline and reactions based on false information."

Agreed.  Still, I wonder when the average New Yorker will finally begin to understand the definition of tyranny.

But noooo, because "all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.  But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government."

Good thing for Hizonner that he didn't increase the tax on tea.

>:D

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:23:37 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.