Author Topic: Voting, ID, and Drivers Licenses  (Read 957 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Voting, ID, and Drivers Licenses
« on: December 17, 2019, 08:46:01 AM »
Good point by Dan Bongino: Somehow it's impossible for the "poor and disenfranchised" to obtain state IDs, thus voter ID is an awful idea. Yet illegal aliens somehow manage to show up at the DMV in massive numbers to get their drivers licenses.

This is pretty similar to CA. DMV wait times went to ridiculous (months out for an appointment) not long after they let illegals get drivers licenses.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/12/16/bongino-report-steamrolls-a-democrat-narrative-with-story-about-illegal-immigrants-waiting-in-long-lines-to-get-ny-drivers-licenses/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Voting, ID, and Drivers Licenses
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 08:18:50 AM »
And now New Jersey pulled the same crap. We're looking at several million more illegal dem votes.

In the meantime, actual US citizens practically have to go through a CCW process to get the Real ID.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/12/17/packed-hall-cheers-as-new-jersey-votes-to-issue-drivers-licenses-to-illegal-immigrants/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 08:44:15 AM »
G-d help us.  I may start praying for this country again.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 09:34:43 AM »
I seem to recall one or more of the Dem bigwigs was calling for to have the citizenship requirement to vote removed.

Haven't found an article for that yet but meanwhile while we're on the subject
And of course it goes straight into Trump is a racist monster for trying to keep illegals from voting. Did you expect any less?

Keeping Voters off the Rolls
Impact of Documentary Proof of Citizenship and Illegal Voter Purges
https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/democracy/reports/2017/07/18/435914/keeping-voters-off-rolls/
Unfortunately, many states are using voter registration tricks that manipulate the voter rolls and keep eligible Americans from having their voices heard. This report looks at two of the worst practices used to block eligible voters from participation: documentary proof of citizenship requirements, where people must show evidence of citizenship in order to become registered to vote, and illegal voter purges. Like other forms of voter suppression, both of these practices close off the democratic process to wide swaths of eligible Americans.

These tricks to prevent Americans from voting have arrived on the national stage in President Donald Trump’s Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, which is set to meet for the first time on July 19.3 This so-called Election Integrity Commission threatens to reverse the protections of the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA), a transformative law that prevents states from enacting overly burdensome voter registration requirements and engaging in illegal voter purges.4

And another

Appeals court blocks proof-of-citizenship voting requirement
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/appeals-court-voting-requirement

I say we go ahead and make voting as "easy" as buying a gun.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 10:25:16 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 02:52:15 PM »
Which makes it important to have better federal judges. 

Maybe we could open our elections to absentee voting from non-citizens.  Then China and India could choose our representatives.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 06:41:07 PM »
Isn't there some kind of hangup with the Constitution's use of the word "people?"

Something's bothering me about that but I can't pin it down.

???
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 06:54:02 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.