Author Topic: Hospice at Gitmo  (Read 648 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Hospice at Gitmo
« on: April 27, 2019, 09:41:08 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/27/us/politics/guantanamo-bay-aging-terrorism-suspects-medical-care.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Either Congress is going to have to amend the law about forbidding detainees held in the US, or we are going to have to build an expensive medical infrastructure in Gitmo. It would be cheaper to put the detainees into some of the Federal Bureau of Prisons medical centers.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Pb

• friend
Re: Hospice at Gitmo
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 12:28:51 PM »
Or we could start executing them.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 12:54:41 PM »

That's inhumane, don't you know. I say if they are actually hospice with a prognosis of less than 6 months they should be released back to where they were captured. That six months should turn into 2 or 3 with the care they will receive there. I think we should give them the exact same care they would receive if still out in the desert not the best care in the world in order to extend their lives or to make them more comfortable. Thae have already gotten more of that than they deserve.

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 01:57:23 PM »

Remind me again of the specific crimes they were charged with, received a trial for, and were convicted of that warrants execution?

International and US law has some VERY specific things to say about executing Prisoners of War, or just plain prisoners for that matter. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 02:01:11 PM »
Remind me again of the specific crimes they were charged with, received a trial for, and were convicted of that warrants execution?

International and US law has some VERY specific things to say about executing Prisoners of War, or just plain prisoners for that matter. 

Give them a trial, and if guilty of terrorism against the USA, execute them all.  If innocent, release them.  Problem solved.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 02:02:27 PM »
Give them a trial, and if guilty of terrorism against the USA, execute them all.  If innocent, release them.  Problem solved.

100% agree.  We should have done that a decade ago.