Author Topic: Another action flick  (Read 3333 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Another action flick
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2019, 11:25:13 AM »
Last movie, some guy did something and now half the galaxy is angry with him. Whole lot of titanophobia going on in it. 
.......But apparently only one planet actually does something.  So much for all those advanced aliens. 

I saw a spoiler of the whole thing at the movie theater Tuesday.  Now I know who died.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2019, 11:37:18 AM »
.......But apparently only one planet actually does something.  So much for all those advanced aliens. 

I saw a spoiler of the whole thing at the movie theater Tuesday.  Now I know who died.

LOL. I had that exact same thought.

SJW-GoGIRL! made a snotty comment about "there are a lot of other planets out there and they don't have you" so she must go save them.

Well, WHY DON'T they have heroes? The Avengers are basically all men and women who MADE themselves (or were made by another human) into heroes. Only Thor, the one non-human, and Scarlet Witch came by theirs in some other way.

Why's the rest of the galaxy slacking?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2019, 11:45:01 AM »

Obviously because Earthlings are SPAY-shul.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »

And so, of course, the white girl has to go save the natives other planets.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2019, 11:52:12 AM »

Same reason America won WW-II single handed in all the movies. They can make their own darn movies
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2019, 02:37:11 PM »

Toxic Earthling privilege.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2019, 10:07:06 PM »
LOL. I had that exact same thought.

SJW-GoGIRL! made a snotty comment about "there are a lot of other planets out there and they don't have you" so she must go save them.

Well, WHY DON'T they have heroes? The Avengers are basically all men and women who MADE themselves (or were made by another human) into heroes. Only Thor, the one non-human, and Scarlet Witch came by theirs in some other way.

Part of the larger MCU lore is that there is something in our DNA that makes humans special, don't remember the details. Also, there are "heroes" out there, and of course Gardians of the Galaxies only one of them is human.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2019, 10:11:41 PM »
Part of the larger MCU lore is that there is something in our DNA that makes humans special, don't remember the details. Also, there are "heroes" out there, and of course Gardians of the Galaxies only one of them is human.

Half human
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2019, 11:29:05 PM »
Same reason America won WW-II single handed in all the movies. They can make their own darn movies

America? Don't you mean John [cue trumpets] Wayne?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2019, 10:09:19 AM »
<left parenthesis>
Kind of fun to contemplate what archeologists 5-10 thousand years from now will think about all these references.  Apart from the residual radioactivity, of course.
<right parenthesis>

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2019, 11:29:15 AM »
<left parenthesis>
Kind of fun to contemplate what archeologists 5-10 thousand years from now will think about all these references.  Apart from the residual radioactivity, of course.
<right parenthesis>

I'm not signing this one so nobody will know who posted it.
Will our digital data storage still be readable or even recognizable 5 to 10 thousand years in the future? 

Also, wouldn't a useful target of a nuclear war be some of those server farms that house everyone's cloud data?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2019, 11:34:09 AM »
Will our digital data storage still be readable or even recognizable 5 to 10 thousand years in the future?  

Also, wouldn't a useful target of a nuclear war be some of those server farms that house everyone's cloud data?

Almost every means we have of storing data will not be readable that far into the future.

Unless specifically protected, I'm not sure ANY sort of record can survive that long. Even things engraved in stone will deteriorate over that amount of time.

Maybe a gold record? As in literally made of gold and with grooves for playing in a record player? (which, of course, would require that means to play it.)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2019, 11:34:20 AM »
But even if they didn't have "heroes", why not at least fleets and/or actual soldiers with decent weapons?  There seem to be lots of rapid fire weapons and powerful weapons, but no one seems to carry them around or use them.  

Even if they couldn't defeat Thanos personally, someone should have been able to take out his ship and army.  

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2019, 11:37:17 AM »
Almost every means we have of storing data will not be readable that far into the future.

Unless specifically protected, I'm not sure ANY sort of record can survive that long. Even things engraved in stone will deteriorate over that amount of time.
Bronze tablets would last depending on the environment which means some of our monuments would be there. 

Could you make a DVD type disc that wouldn't degrade?  I guess it depends on what it is made of.  Probably need to move to silver/platinum or some other metal that won't corrode.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2019, 11:54:03 AM »
But even if they didn't have "heroes", why not at least fleets and/or actual soldiers with decent weapons?  There seem to be lots of rapid fire weapons and powerful weapons, but no one seems to carry them around or use them.  

Even if they couldn't defeat Thanos personally, someone should have been able to take out his ship and army.  

Seems like he was able to wipe out any opposition during his conquests.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2019, 12:06:02 PM »
Seems like he was able to wipe out any opposition during his conquests.
So it seems.  You would think there would be a coalition of people trying to stop him though.

Supposedly Zandar had a fleet, but it was a few hundred little fighters.  The only people with big ships seem to be bad guys.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
Bronze tablets would last depending on the environment which means some of our monuments would be there.  

Could you make a DVD type disc that wouldn't degrade?  I guess it depends on what it is made of.  Probably need to move to silver/platinum or some other metal that won't corrode.

Gold.
But your problem there is any future generation not familiar with the technology would more than likely just see it as some worthless trinket with zero value except for it's value in gold or whatever metal you made it out of.
Think of all the ancient artifacts that have been melted down over the years. The Spanish for example melted down vast quantities of artifacts from the Americas to get at the gold and silver they contained.
There are ways of storing vast quantities of data in crystals but you still have the problem in that they would have to be familiar with the technology to recognize it for what it contains let alone being able to read it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:34:11 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2019, 06:46:40 PM »
OK, OK, make that 1ka to 3ka.  I print everything out, hard copy, roll it up, seal it in stone jars, and secret it all in some caves around here.

I even right-justify the printouts for old times' sake.

Terry

Pic credit in properties
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »
Ok, saw it last night in 3D with the kids.
Great movie, worth every penny to see.
The 3D amazed me, its the first 3D movie I've seen.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama