Author Topic: "Bullet Button" for Gas Cans  (Read 505 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Bullet Button" for Gas Cans
« on: April 28, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
We've had threads before about our hate for CARB gas can spouts. My previous solution was to buy an EZ-Pour style spout and vent set, but those run like ten bucks, so you're adding 50% to the cost of your average plastic gas can.

I just found, and I don't know if this is a new workaround ala the "assault rifle bullet button", but there are now people selling fuel cans on Amazon that come with a normal spout, but just not a vent cap, as the cap is some essential part of the EPA ban. I bought a pack of four diesel cans with this normal spout, then for $6, bought a 5 pack of vent caps. Much cheaper than than buying the full spout/vent kit. I hadn't seen this option the last time I bought a fuel can.

Anyway, FYI if you want a cheap solution. Though the EZ-Pour spouts ARE nice. You just have to ensure you buy cans threaded for the spout so you can switch it from can to can - otherwise you spend a lot of money on individual spouts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: "Bullet Button" for Gas Cans
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 10:57:55 AM »
I have the bigger VP style cans.  They can still be had as god intended.
https://www.amazon.com/VP-Racing-Fuels-3512-Motorsport/dp/B003TTV972
Bought these for the boat for longer days on the water. Works great for the riding mower.
I still use a little can for the mixed fuel tools, I just broke the nozzle on it.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”