Author Topic: Well, that escalated quickly  (Read 953 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Well, that escalated quickly
« on: April 29, 2019, 08:28:17 PM »
Went from this

Our #MondayMotivation is to get better at #MondayMotivation tweets. Thanks for the feedback Twitter world.

— Chase (@Chase) April 29, 2019

To this

We will burn every chase bank to the ground after the revolution

— 🤠🥰💖 eleanor 🍜💕😎 (@rainandcakes) April 29, 2019

SQUAD GOALS: Eleanor and her posse are going to burn every Chase bank to the ground
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/04/29/squad-goals-eleanor-and-her-posse-are-going-to-burn-every-chase-bank-to-the-ground/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Well, that escalated quickly
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 08:51:39 PM »
ulia mae 🍋 @JuliaFtacek
Replying to @Chase

Demolish your bank and redistribute all the wealth

Because all the money in all the Chase banks belongs to Chase. Not working people who happen to store their money there.  ;/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 09:50:33 PM »
There is a little more to this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/chase-bank-deletes-monday-motivation-tweet-after-drawing-social-media-n999756

The since-deleted tweet offered a hypothetical conversation between a bank customer and the bank. The customer asks, “Why is my balance so low?” and the bank account replies: “Make coffee at home ... eat the food that’s already in the fridge ... you don’t need a cab, it’s only three blocks.”

Given that Chase took a $25 billion bailout, perhaps they shouldn't be chastising potential customers.

(No, I am not condoning the calls to burn Chase banks or "redistribute" their customers' deposits.  The tweet was simply tone-deaf)

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 10:36:56 PM »
There is a little more to this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/chase-bank-deletes-monday-motivation-tweet-after-drawing-social-media-n999756

Given that Chase took a $25 billion bailout, perhaps they shouldn't be chastising potential customers.

(No, I am not condoning the calls to burn Chase banks or "redistribute" their customers' deposits.  The tweet was simply tone-deaf)

I don't like that they got a bailout. They should have followed their own advice in the deleted tweet. It's good advice. For anyone who wants to "redistribute" the money held by banks for their clients though, I'm fine with SSS.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 10:52:55 PM »
isnt chase on the we h8 the gun companies band wagon?
i was gonna open an account but will bide my time
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 11:03:49 PM »
isnt chase on the we h8 the gun companies band wagon?
i was gonna open an account but will bide my time

That jogged my memory on a fox article about that.

JPMorgan Chase Opens a New Window. CEO Jamie Dimon Opens a New Window. , for example, defended the bank’s Opens a New Window. lending to firearm manufacturers and retailers amid criticism that the company failed to adopt a responsible loan policy for the industry following the 2018 shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School.
The New York Democrat also cited Chase’s partial ownership of Remington since the gunmaker filed for bankruptcy last year.  Remington produced the gun used in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.  

But

Dimon eventually said the bank would “consider” taking a more firm policy against the industry, akin to the one implemented by competitors.

Chase CEO Jamie Dimon defends bank's firearm policy
https://www.foxbusiness.com/financials/chase-ceo-jamie-dimon-defends-banks-firearm-policy
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 07:30:50 AM »
I don't like that they got a bailout. They should have followed their own advice in the deleted tweet. It's good advice. For anyone who wants to "redistribute" the money held by banks for their clients though, I'm fine with SSS.

I make the montion to change it from SSS to just S.  Leave the dead bodies in the open with a note attached explaining the why.  Modern version of a head on a pike.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 08:12:34 AM »
Communists only know how to consume and destroy, not build anything with value.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama