Author Topic: This just in: the Orville renewed for season three  (Read 1904 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: This just in: the Orville renewed for season three
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2019, 10:10:17 AM »
Really? *expletive deleted*ing really? That's a HUGE pain in the ass.

But watching ESPN, BETV, HGTV, History Channel and all the other compulsory-pay channels scream over lost revenue due to lost subscribers is glorious.  Especially since I'm not a sportsball watcher and don't like those weird fringey channels, or specialized channels with topics I don't care about and don't want to buy.  Their trap with compulsory bundling has gone on way too long.

It shouldn't be possible to have 200 channels with nothing interesting on.  Especially when Netflix can nail it as a single subscription service and always have something interesting to watch.

I can't wait for SpaceX's Starlink to become available, so I can cut Cox out of my life entirely.  I've been watching my ISP bill rise as cord-cutting becomes more mainstream, and it still feels like I'm subsidizing ESPN since Cox has been augmenting lost cable revenues by increasing bandwidth fees, and hasn't altered their channel bundle to account for consumer discrimination.  I really doubt SpaceX is going to send a red cent to the conventional TV programming empire.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: This just in: the Orville renewed for season three
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2019, 11:14:32 AM »
 :facepalm: :mad:  I guess I'll have to wait until season 3 is out on DVD.   :mad:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero