Author Topic: Gangbangers turning Glocks into full-auto with Chinese help  (Read 2284 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Gangbangers turning Glocks into full-auto with Chinese help
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2019, 09:22:24 AM »

Constructive possession need to go away.
In what may be an extreme "what if" scenario... How many of us are in "constructive possession" of bomb making materials? Reloading supplies,  black powder, plumbing parts, canon fuse....Not to mention the more common household  chemicals that can be used for destructive purposes.
Better yet, just reopen the registry then the issue is just "Hey, you forgot to register that."

Not the best thing, just better. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2019, 09:30:50 AM »
Better yet, just reopen the registry then the issue is just "Hey, you forgot to register that."

Not the best thing, just better. 

Best yet, just repeal NFA '34.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2019, 11:49:12 AM »

Constructive possession need to go away.
In what may be an extreme "what if" scenario... How many of us are in "constructive possession" of bomb making materials? Reloading supplies,  black powder, plumbing parts, canon fuse....Not to mention the more common household  chemicals that can be used for destructive purposes.

Pressure cookers ...

BAN PRESSURE COOKERS! IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2019, 12:07:17 PM »
Sure is nice of them to give you the dimensions......

So they can be digitally-printed now?

Worms.  Cans thereof.  Open.

Yeah, repeal '34 and let us go back to a more peaceful time before booze was illegal.

Damned busybody do-gooders.

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
Not sure how long a 3D printed one would last, as there's some heat there, but I could knock one out out of aluminium pretty quick.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2019, 04:15:03 PM »
Wondering what the legality of possession of such a device, without the firearm, would be. 

Under federal law a shoelace may be considered an automatic weapon. 

The law gets mighty murky when absurd bright line rules are accepted and the enforcement arms of the government are trusted for their discretion. But current law is anything that may be used to convert a semi automatic weapon into an automatic weapon counts as possession of an automatic weapon; even without the automatic weapon it purports to convert, without needing to actually be functional, and existing in whole or part.  The specific court ruling was indeed, a shoelace counts.  DOJ's position was copy pasted into the court ruling. 

State law; depends on the state. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2019, 08:09:38 PM »
I've mentioned that shoelace matter several times recently expecting it to be questioned.  But I think the BATpeople may have backtracked on that one.

I believe it's the same kind of thing with any bolt with a permanently protruding firing pin.

So if  you're thinking of building a firearm firing from the open bolt position with a protruding firing pin, you'd better check with BATF.  I think it's a machinegun regardless of how the rest of the mechanism prevents it from firing more than once with one trigger pull.

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2019, 10:24:12 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2019, 01:00:18 AM »
I've mentioned that shoelace matter several times recently expecting it to be questioned.  But I think the BATpeople may have backtracked on that one.

I believe it's the same kind of thing with any bolt with a permanently protruding firing pin.

So if  you're thinking of building a firearm firing from the open bolt position with a protruding firing pin, you'd better check with BATF.  I think it's a machinegun regardless of how the rest of the mechanism prevents it from firing more than once with one trigger pull.

Terry

Yeah. You are not allowed to build a semi-auto open bolt firearm.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic