Author Topic: My wife and her family are stealing my clothing  (Read 4327 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: My wife and her family are stealing my clothing
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2007, 02:03:28 PM »
Sorry to be having some fun at your expense, Bill, but you do stand out in a crowd.

Don't be sorry Dick, that's what he's here for.
It's easy to stand out in a crowd when the crowd is trying to get away from you.

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Strings

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »
Quit pokin' me wit da stick, ya reprobate!

And ask, an' ye shall recieve...

Just for you, fistful...

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »
Every time a shirtless biker in a kilt happens, God kicks a cat.

~GnSx

Strings

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 03:17:26 PM »
Gunny, there ARE a few os us out there, so God must be doin' a bunch of kickin'...

glockfan.45

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »
I had a roomate in college that had no trouble in nabbing clothes from my closet when I wasnt home. I was more than a little pissed when I found some of my boxers in his hamper one day. Now one thing in this world that just isnt right no matter how you slice it is wearing another mans underware. The confrontation later that day nearly ended in a fist fight.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

glockfan.45

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2007, 03:41:09 PM »
Hunter Rose after that pic I will never read your posts quite in the same way again shocked . After reading the post about your wifes panties I now have a mental image of a guy riding down the highway on his scooter, kilt blowing in the wind, revealing his lacy pink panties. Oh God I'm gonna be sick, I need to go drink that thought out of my head now.
A new place to disuss all things firearms related
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
And now I know true horror.  It's time to find out if my arms are long enough to reach down to the trigger of my 870.  Thank goodness it's a short barrel.  Goodbye.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 06:44:47 PM »
IT'S NOT FAIR!!  IT'S NOT FAIR!!  THE TRIGGER!  I CAN'T REACH IT! 

OK.  I'll just dig out my eyes with a fork.  And then slit my wrists. 

smiley

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 06:50:49 PM »
THE GOGGLES!!!  THEY DO NOTHING!!!!!

Seriously, is that a tatoo of Bun-Bun on your leg?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 07:33:16 PM »
Thanks for the photo, Bill.

I should never have poked fun at you in my earlier post. You do that all too well on your own. Wink

I only own one suit, but try to make the shirts and ties set a new look. If you say that you can outdress me, I'd like to see it. Not saying you can't, but I'd just like to see you that dressed up.

Now, going back to the original topic, I noticed today that the number of socks in my drawer was much smaller than it was yesterday.

And that my (our) dog suddenly has a lot of socks to play with.

It's a Polish wife conspiracy.

Strings

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 08:13:35 PM »
You forget dick: I have tailor friends in Thailand. Trust me, you wouldn't BELIEVE some of the contents of my closet...

And for y'all's information, they weren't pink panties: Spoon doesn't OWN any pink panties. They were black (with a lil' bow)...

Strings

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 08:18:13 PM »
And yes, it's a Bun-Bun tat...

Don't y'all hate that I found photobucket? :neener:

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 08:55:34 PM »
Bill, I don't care if your tailor lives in Kurdistan. I'd just like to see you in your finest suit. This really intrigues me.

As for the color of your wife's underwear, well, maybe that's for another forum.

Strings

« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 09:53:18 PM »
tell ya what dick: next time you see me, I'll try to make sure to dress up a lil' bit... ok?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2007, 10:49:54 PM »
Bill, please don't think I'm picking on you. As I said, you do dress up well when the time is proper.

As I've mentioned in other posts, I really admire a good suit. But I can't afford what I consider to be good suits. And, by "good," I mean $2000 Armani suits.

Go talk to Senator Kanavas sometime. He's a short guy, built like a boxer, and  he dresses with class. His suits aren't cheap. I doubt he has them made in Thailand. Wink

But, back somewhere to the original topic. When I go to the Capitol, I wear a nearly 20 year-old suit that would probably cost over $1000 today. I wear white silk shirts, and neckties that, as I've said, I'm picky about. I also wear top-of-the-line Allen Edmonds shoes.

Why?

Perception. The pol's already know that the WCCM is a source for money. Dress well, and the WCCA (now WCPS) has additional respectability.

Is that the game? Maybe. But it doesn't hurt by trying. Plus, I really like wearing suits. I wish I could justify spending more money on new ones.

Following the November election debacle, I called my old friend Tom Reynolds to see how he was handling his loss.

He was actually doing very well, which comforted me.

Tom has always been a middle-class guy, but he has a brother who makes a nice income.

When Tom ran for the Senate in 2002, his brother gave him a full wardrobe of suits and shoes and ties. All of it was the good stuff.

As we discussed the good and the bad that he had endured for four years in the senate, I pointed out to him that he at least got a nice wardrobe out of the deal.

That made him laugh, which made me feel better.

If you're looking for other politico's who dress well, check out Spencer Coggs. He's another short guy, but he's built like a bantam-weight fighter. He fills out a suit very well.

When I mention to my wife that this or that guy fills out a suit very well, she thinks I have some sort of homosexual attraction to the guy. That's just plain bull, and she knows it.

No matter how much I spend on suits or shirts or ties, I'll never be able to fill them out properly. I just get skinnier on the top, and heavier at the middle.

And my wife keeps stealing my clothes.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2007, 06:36:57 AM »
And for y'all's information, they weren't pink panties: Spoon doesn't OWN any pink panties. They were black (with a lil' bow)...

Of course she doesn't.  She knows they wouldn't go with your kilts, fruity-boy.  Tongue

Seriously, this thread should have a biohazard label or something.   shocked

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2007, 07:46:22 AM »
Seriously, this thread should have a biohazard label or something.   

or at least a NC-17 rating.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »
Except for my old field jacket.  I loved that jacket, and wore it when all the cool kids on the block wore Gore-Tex. 

Me too.  I was in Bosnia in '99, and the only one still wearing the issue sweater and field jacket, instead of the Gore Tex and polypro. 

I was in Bosnia a couple years ago.  It looks better than in '99.  Someone once asked me why I wore a field jacket instead of polypro.  So I set a set of polypro's on fire, and explained what'd happen if such an event happened while the owner was wearing them. 

I still don't wear many synthetics, as having seen petrochemical-based polymerization clothing melting onto human flesh.  I won't explain how it's removed either.  It's almost as horrible as seeing Mr Hunter Rose topless in a kilt.  Not quite, mind you, but close. 

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Strings

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2007, 09:16:40 AM »
Actually Dick, should Dad recover and head back to Thailand, we could get you measured for some decent clothes. Your $1K suit would probably run $200 (of course, I've got emails from about three other people that I need to get measurements on)...

And yeah... I know you're just giving me grief. 'Sok... we can still give you more squirrels... Tongue

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2007, 12:16:49 PM »
Thread update:

A little while ago, I had to run out to buy cigarettes. As I was putting on my parka, my wife sheepishly told me that one of the buttons had come off "our" parka.

"Our" parka?

I dug into the left pocket, looking for my gloves. They weren't there.

I asked my wife where they were. She said they were behind the microwave.

Behind the microwave! Of course! Why didn't I think of that?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2007, 01:11:39 PM »
I got to the point I never buy anything for myself anymore.  When working event security in KC and bartending in Tulsa I would accumulate t-shirts or other items from the event or concerts I would work.  But then after bringing them home and wearing them once they also seemed to wind up in my wifes drawers or on her side of the closet.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ron

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »
I still don't wear many synthetics, as having seen petrochemical-based polymerization clothing melting onto human flesh.
I used polypro in the winter at work for years.

Since I have found SmartWool products I have no use for polypro any longer.

Fleece long johns with socks and long sleeved base layer by Smartwool, the single digit temps have been easy this winter.

Sounds like you may have found some ideas for presents! Any birthdays coming up?