Author Topic: Rep. Omar filed joint tax returns before she married husband  (Read 2179 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.apnews.com/b49ee5604ec2435a90945820b7c973eb?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APCentralRegion

I saw this floating around over the last week.  I think it needs to be spread around.  

Minnesota campaign finance officials said last week that U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar misused campaign funds in violation of state rules. They also revealed that she had filed joint tax returns with her husband years before they were legally married and at a time when she was married to another man.
Curious about this other marriage stuff.  Was it a delayed divorce or something else?

There is only one way to fix this:   TRUMP MUST RELEASE HIS TAX RETURNS!!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Rep. Omar filed joint tax returns before she married husband
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 07:38:28 PM »
https://www.apnews.com/b49ee5604ec2435a90945820b7c973eb?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APCentralRegion

I saw this floating around over the last week.  I think it needs to be spread around.  
Curious about this other marriage stuff.  Was it a delayed divorce or something else?

There is only one way to fix this:   TRUMP MUST RELEASE HIS TAX RETURNS!!

Rumour has it that her first marriage was to her brother for immigration purposes...

https://pjmedia.com/davidsteinberg/official-school-records-support-claims-that-rep-ilhan-omar-d-mn-married-her-brother/

http://www.startribune.com/marriage-discrepancy-clouds-ilhan-omar-s-historic-primary-victory/390247381/

https://www.city-journal.org/html/curious-case-ilhan-omar-14724.html
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 07:44:34 PM »
Rumour has it that her first marriage was to her brother

Bake the cake
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:59:25 PM »
Bake the cake

And push Bran Stark out of the window.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 09:24:06 PM »
And push Bran Stark out of the window.

"The things we do for love."
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:13:05 AM »
The article says she was living with her current husband as a common law marriage while legally married to the man who is now her ex, as if that made everything okay.

Does that mean she was just shacking up, or did she commit common law bigamy?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 05:18:32 AM »
The article says she was living with her current husband as a common law marriage while legally married to the man who is now her ex, as if that made everything okay.

Does that mean she was just shacking up, or did she commit common law bigamy?

Well, there's no common law marriage in MN.  There's no record of her divorcing her first husband/brother.  But there is records of her filing tax returns with husband #2(ish) as "Married Filing Jointly" while still legally married brother/husband #1.

There is and continues be a hand-waveum attempts to explain it away as saying the necessary steps were done "In Her Faith", but once you get the state involved with marriage licenses and such, the you have to go to court and do the divorce thing to get it undone.   That has not been done.

It will be interesting to see how the IRS responds, as this is generally considered Tax Fraud, as opposed to mere Tax Evasion.

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 06:20:45 AM »

There is and continues be a hand-waveum attempts to explain it away as saying the necessary steps were done "In Her Faith", but once you get the state involved with marriage licenses and such, the you have to go to court and do the divorce thing to get it undone.   That has not been done.

Yeah, I noticed that bit of journalistic legerdemain.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 12:48:09 AM »
Not only is the Washington Examiner on this story, but also the Minnesota (Red) Star Tribune which is about as pro-demorat/left/Omar as any MSM outlet you can get.   And she's not answering any questions.  I sense that the MSM smells blood in the water, and like sharks they will start nibbling away until they get what they want.   Ultimately they always will take a political scalp.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2019/06/23/whats-she-hiding-multiple-news-outlets-now-investigating-ilhan-omar-over-possible-immigration-fraud-scheme/

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 07:52:53 AM »
Snopes has investigated, and concluded that there isn't enough information to prove the allegation is true. Which means there also isn't enough information to prove that it isn't true. But I have read several articles on the subject, and Snopes' analysis completely (and conveniently) ignores a couple of inconsistencies with the timeline put forth by Ms. Omar, as well as overlooking some rather odd coincidences involving who lived where (or used certain addresses) when.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 08:14:53 AM »
It's pretty clearly both tax fraud and immigration fraud.

But we don't prosecute Democrats for such things, so it will all be dropped because "no prosecutor would charge" in this case.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 08:35:38 AM »
but also the Minnesota (Red) Star Tribune which is about as pro-demorat/left/Omar as any MSM outlet you can get.   

I found that interesting. I wonder if they are now "overcompensating" because one of Omar's staff said that thing about how they were able to shut down negative stories in the Star Tribune whenever they wanted.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 08:43:05 AM »
Snopes has investigated, and concluded that there isn't enough information to prove the allegation is true. Which means there also isn't enough information to prove that it isn't true. But I have read several articles on the subject, and Snopes' analysis completely (and conveniently) ignores a couple of inconsistencies with the timeline put forth by Ms. Omar, as well as overlooking some rather odd coincidences involving who lived where (or used certain addresses) when.

If someone accused Snopes of being a website I seriously doubt Snopes could find enough information to confirm the allegation.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 11:02:16 AM »
I found that interesting. I wonder if they are now "overcompensating" because one of Omar's staff said that thing about how they were able to shut down negative stories in the Star Tribune whenever they wanted.

I'd say that's likely. They are "overcompensating" by actually reporting on clear criminality when they usually smother such a story, even without interference from the campaign.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought