Author Topic: Oberlin Gets Maximum Penalty  (Read 7829 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Oberlin Gets Maximum Penalty
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2023, 01:41:21 AM »
Seems to me that there would be exclusions in the policy regarding intentional bad actions on the part of the college or its employees.

I wonder if they're going to try to claim that no bad actions occurred, and that the insurance payout was an unjust levying of judgement based on racism and blah blah blah.

MillCreek to the white multicolor curtesy phone please.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2023, 07:39:08 AM »
Sounds like Oberlin didn't hire a woke insurance company.  Too bad.

Even if they had hired a woke insurance company, I'm sure that once Oberlin presented them with the bill that company would have become hard core conservative.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2023, 09:42:06 AM »
But wait, there's more
Oberlin suing 4 insurance companies for not covering the $37 million settlement

[popcorn]

Oberlin College in ANOTHER legal battle over defaming bakery: Woke school now sues insurance companies for refusing to cover $37 million it had to pay family business over false racism claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12385157/Oberlin-College-legal-battle-defaming-bakery-Woke-school-sues-insurance-false-racism-claims.html

Sounds like CYA to me.  That or they can't stand the idea of dipping into their precious endowment funds. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge