Author Topic: Three CT high school girls file complaint over transgender athlete policy  (Read 913 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://fox61.com/2019/06/19/three-connecticut-high-school-girls-file-complaint-over-transgender-athlete-policy/

Trans Rights versus Title IX.  I have no idea what will happen with this one. 
Three Connecticut girls who run high school track have filed a federal discrimination complaint, claiming a statewide policy on transgender athletes has cost them top finishes in races and possibly college scholarships.

The complaint cites Title IX federal rules aimed at equal rights in sports for female athletes.

Glastonbury junior sprinter Selina Soule was one of three girls identified in the complaint, which was filed Monday with the U.S. Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights. The complaint, which was submitted by the conservative Christian law firm Alliance Defending Freedom on behalf of the students, says the policy violates federal protections for female athletes.

“Just like life, sports is not always fair,” said Dawn Ennis, the Managing Editor, for Outsports a website that covers LGBTQ sports and a transgender woman from West Hartford. “Those girls didn’t ask to be transgender. They didn’t decide to be transgender. They are transgender. What these girls want to do is run as their true selves.”
This quote is a bit contradictory.  Life isn't fair so the female athletes should be quiet while we bend over backwards to be "fair" to the transgender "women". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
https://fox61.com/2019/06/19/three-connecticut-high-school-girls-file-complaint-over-transgender-athlete-policy/

This quote is a bit contradictory.  Life isn't fair so the female athletes should be quiet while we bend over backwards to be "fair" to the transgender "women". 

The entire framework of the left is self-contradictory.

That is only a problem for people who are afflicted with logic. The left is immune to such weaknesses.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

brimic

• friends

Trans rights is going to kill feminism, or vice versa...

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dogmush

• friend
“Just like life, sports is not always fair,” said Dawn Ennis, the Managing Editor, for Outsports a website that covers LGBTQ sports and a transgender woman from West Hartford. “Those girls didn’t ask to be transgendermale. They didn’t decide to be transgendermale. They are transgendermale. What these girls want to do is run as their true selves the opposite sex.”

Fixed that for her.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Fixed that for her him.

Fixed that for you.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
“Just like life, sports is not always fair,” said Dawn Ennis, the Managing Editor, for Outsports a website that covers LGBTQ sports and a transgender woman from West Hartford. “Those girls didn’t ask to be transgender. They didn’t decide to be transgender. They are transgender. What these girls want to do is run as their true selves.

Correction: They want to run as their imagined selves. Their true selves belong on the boys' track team.

As for "They didn't decide to be transgender," ... if they didn't decide, then who decided for them?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Incoherence and irrationality are considered features not bugs in leftism.

Liberalism and leftism are an exercise in escape from reason.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Why do they hate science?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Let me point out:

Feminism v. Transgenderism   Another example in the Leftist Victim Olympics.  I say "Let the Games Begin !!!"

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.