Author Topic: A New Euphemism!!  (Read 629 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
A New Euphemism!!
« on: June 25, 2019, 09:12:36 AM »
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/4-myths-about-testosterone/

In they efforts of the left to pretend that men can be women (and vice versa), they have a new euphemism to deploy:

"Sex atypical chromosomes"

That's a rather amusing way of saying "someone with XY chromosomes who says he's a girl".

While this also will include people with biological sexual confusion (XXY, androgen insensitivity, etc...) it's clearly meant to cover those who are not the sex they are competing as.

From the article: "recent IAAF statements highlight sex-atypical chromosomes and gonads, which functions as a dog whistle to suggest that the targeted women athletes are not “really” women."

What's amusing is all this rule changing and craziness is because the politically correct culture means these authorities can't make the simple statement: Someone with XY sex chromosomes cannot compete in women's events.

That would make things a lot easier, and spare most of the very few biologically confused competitors from being cast out.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

dogmush

• friend
Re: A New Euphemism!!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 09:17:38 AM »
Assuming we roll with the Left's current definitions of "Sex" vs. "Gender" (as I understand them) it would seem pretty obvious that sports divisions would be based on "sex".

Are we still saying that "sex" is biological and "gender" is what you feel like and live as?  Or did that get updated while I wasn't looking?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 09:22:17 AM »
Assuming we roll with the Left's current definitions of "Sex" vs. "Gender" (as I understand them) it would seem pretty obvious that sports divisions would be based on "sex".

Are we still saying that "sex" is biological and "gender" is what you feel like and live as?  Or did that get updated while I wasn't looking?

Nope.

IF PRESSED the left will revert to that argument in a Motte & Bailey tactic, but are clearly fighting on the "a person's gender is their sex!" bailey most of the time.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 10:11:06 AM »
Every day.
Every stinking day.
I am constantly reminded of the need for an asteroid strike. Preferably an asteroid carrying a plague.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 03:03:32 PM »
Every day.
Every stinking day.
I am constantly reminded of the need for an asteroid strike. Preferably an asteroid carrying a plague.

Would that be a male asteroid or a female asteroid?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 03:19:42 PM »
Would that be a male asteroid or a female asteroid?

Oh, was that some kind of slang that I never heard of?  All this time I thought he was talking about space rocks.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 05:31:07 PM »
What's amusing is all this rule changing and craziness is because the politically correct culture means these authorities can't make the simple statement: Someone with XY sex chromosomes cannot compete in women's events.

I saw a news story about that Hannah Mouncey person a couple days ago.  It was refreshing.  Kept referring to "him".   Can't compete because too much testosterone and "other physical issues", which I assume means he hasn't had the work done.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 05:37:02 PM »
I recall when I was young folks used to joke how America was getting to be like Rome as it began to enter its final days.  Well, it seems we've pretty much arrived. :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 06:41:02 PM »
I recall when I was young folks used to joke how America was getting to be like Rome as it began to enter its final days.  Well, it seems we've pretty much arrived. :old:

Sadly, I do not think we've reached terminal velocity in death dive yet.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams